The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Hi guys.
I was just wondering if you could help me tell if my khaki campbells are male or female.
They still sound exactly the same, but one is growing different coloured wings! I hope you can help me!!

Hi guys.
I was just wondering if you could help me tell if my khaki campbells are male or female.
They still sound exactly the same, but one is growing different coloured wings! I hope you can help me!!
based on the color of their bill they would be drakes in my guestimation. however, the jury is still out on the one in the background. probably a drake but.....

based on the color of their bill they would be drakes in my guestimation. however, the jury is still out on the one in the background. probably a drake but.....

Yes, aside from plumage, I'm thinking bill color and also legs/feet. The ducks don't have orange legs and feet, or at least they shouldn't have. It's pretty common to get faults in the KCs, like the white on the throat of the one in the front.

To me, they also look like drakes with their particular feathers on the sides but I know it took us a very long time for us to tell the difference...the curled tail and the sounds are definite but takes a long time...they say the hen sounds like the AFLAC duck ! Ha Ha Our hen is smaller than the drake but our drake does have a yellow bill...

you can see his curled tail feathers on the drake !!! She is lighter colored and does not have the dark feathers on her tail area....GOOD LUCK ...HOPE YOU GET ONE OF EACH !! HA HA

Back
Top Bottom