The Last 2 Eggs Hatch-Along

Aprilxoxo

Songster
Feb 6, 2022
Hi everyone

Unfortunatly this is going to start a bit sad.
My most favourite quail passed away today. She hadn't been doing too well lately and after a bad leg injury she sustained today we decided it was better for her to rest peacefully.

Upon returning home we found her final 2 eggs she layed in her pen and I decided to try and hatch them. She was old but I am still going to try.

I would love her line to continue, she was such a beautiful and friendly quail that layed pretty purple eggs.

Wish me luck :)

Attachments

• 20230104_153749.jpg
    20230104_153749.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230104_155003.jpg
    Screenshot_20230104_155003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
I'm so sorry about your pretty girl... Best of luck on her eggs! Keep us updated!!

Sorry to here that. I have a chicken who was six, I hatched out 3 of her eggs. All girls. She has passed on, I still have one of her daughters. The daughter is 4 I am hoping to hatch her eggs, I plan on setting the daughter's eggs next Friday if the rooster does his work.

Sorry i havent updated as much as i originally intended. Alot has happened during this time.
First was severe flooding and the relocation of my quails.
Second was that during this time, one of my males was attacked and killed by a rat, which took advantage of the move and managed to sneak into my impromptu not-under-water pen.
This male so happened to be the father of these 2 eggs. So they are the very last 2 eggs of 2 of my lovely quails 😞

I wanted to take candling pictures during the incubation but my candler decided not to work anymore.

Eggs have now made it into lockdown and even with a very bad light i could see they are dark inside with a nice air sac. Hopefully in a few days i will have some healthy new quails. Pics to come of chickies 😀

So sorry about your boy... my only female (rescue) was taken by a rat as well last year... at least their babies have made it this far!! Please do send pictures once they hatch!

Second egg has pipped but on the narrow end :hmm
Zipping is being attempted. Will have to watch and wait
Screenshot_20230121-180829_Gallery.jpg

The chick unzipped about half way diagonally before she couldnt progress anymore. The membrane became too dry and was no longer making progress for several hours.
I decided to assist her hatch which was absolutely successful but now i realise why she was having alot of trouble.... girl is THICC
20230121_224856.jpg

After releasing her from the shell i fould her toes to be curled. One foot was gaining strength and correcting itself within a short time while the other was curling even more. She is now wearing a fancy shoe

20230121_234309.jpg

It's sad how you lost not just the mother, but also the father. But it's amazing how life goes on. I was so happy to get to the end of this to see that they both hatched! I hope they are both alive and well 💗

Back
Top Bottom