The Legbar Thread!

I've been reading on here and there is a lot of awesome info on color genetics etc. But not really much on type/shape.
I'm wondering if someone out there ( with lots more knowledge then lil oil' me) would be willing to do something like what was done on this website for Holland lops for the legbars?
www.oakridgerabbitry.weebly.com/holland-lop-type.HTML
If above link isn't click-able please copy and paste.
Its easy to read/know the sop but to actually SEE it would really help B)
Hi TwoBit!

wow, are you right on Target!!!

wouldn't it be great to have something like that for Cream Legbars? IMO we could get a lot of wrong pictures....and it may be a while before we get the "right" side of the equation populated. For example -- tail angles-- I have yet to see good one(s). However.... Cream Legbar People--- who is ready to take on the challenge that was proposed by TwoBit????????????????????????
old.gif

That is so sad.

His set up must keep his cages really clean. you can see all his pine shavings above the cages i bet he has a super easy cleanup. Plus with everyone inside a garage or building they can stay cool and warm depending on the season. Sometimes i feel bad keeping mine caged though.

http://photos.silkiesbygeorge.com/GalleryThumbnails.aspx?gallery=110613 this guy stopped breeding but it was the first type of breeding coops like this that i noticed i liked. they are a bit bigger like i said id like to build.

Isn't that a nice setup? Thanks for posting Steen. It kind of reminds me of a horse barn with stalls. So do they get to go outside and play? Does each pen have an outdoor yard like zoos used to have to keep animals?

How about this one? Drumlin Farm of the Mass. Audobon Society...... what a set up for chickens!

I was wondering if their naturalist is Gail Damerow....but the pens look so awesome to me. Especially where the weather is so adverse in winter...IMO.

Last but not least...did you ever see the easy clean-up system using pdz or stall dry on poop tray that TheSpoiledChicken discovered and shared? Switched to that and keeping coops clean takes me minutes.... (I always have coops with poop trays). https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...graphic-gross-poop-pictures/770#post_10912502

The thread above is very LONG -- but Trish explains everything in the first few posts. IMO she is a genius.

ETA - this shows that the pens are separate and the birds have outside access>

Last edited:
Please could you guys help with sexing these 3 white CL chicks?
one has much darker face markings and a more definite V.
They all have atripes on their backs though the one with the darker markings are more brown, and the other 2 lighter
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm no expert on the whites. I can say the one with the dark V is definitely a girl. The other two I would guess boys? Someone else will chime in soon with another opinion I'm sure.

Thanks!
I had a bumper crop of boys this time, 10 in addition to any of the white ones.
They ranged in color from dark steel grey to dark brown to light brown.
Any ideas as to which color is best color for a male chick?

Back
Top Bottom