The Legbar Thread!

hey all! been internet reading for my new chooks and this seems to be where i ended up lol i brought 2 what i have been told are legbar, as did the people that brought them from the breeder, such pretty birds!

they're around 30 weeks old now and they arrived to me the day before yesterday :)
VERY nice looking hens. I think perhaps you have the best tail angles - really good - long backs - nice crests and good leg-length on these birds, in combination of a lot of CLs that I have seen. To me they look really good. Also - the combs are moderate - which is nice. Since they are curious, I'm guessing that they have good dispositions! Nice pictures. Thanks for posting.

You are so lucky not to have raccoons, they are a chicken keeper's nightmare - although they are social, inquisitive, bright, fun to watch, and pretty. And a reservoir of rabies. I believe you do have weasels though? I have one break through chicken wire and kill 3 rabbits during one overnight crime spree.

they are about i believe, but again not common at all, crows, seagulls, foxes and badgers are our common ones

Im the same storm, my biggest threat is foxes and stray dogs, see an occasional hawk, and owls but my girls are locked up at night, I have never seen or come across a weasel

yeah keep the girlies all locked up at night, and keep watch like a hawk all the rest of the time! lol
small world graciesmum, i only moved from shropshire 3 years ago!

Yeah always keeping an eye on them, I've got a sick one at the moment who is in the bath tub as we speak lol, lived in Shropshire since 85, except a few years break down in Plymouth

i do sometimes miss it up there, but happy and settled in cornwall and love it down here :) i was around shrewsbury and oswestry side

lol i lived there for a lil while too.. but the bad side.. brookside! *shudders* i wouldnt have kept chickens in my garden there, that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom