The Legbar Thread!

I went and looked at the youth birds at our fair and someone had a legbar pullet from a different breeder. The pullet had lots of red on her back which was weird but she had noticable barring in her hackle. I liked the overall look of the bird but compared her to mine and now I wonder about hackle barring. Most of my females don't have distinct barring but the males are good. So, without digging through this thread to find the answer, what is the female hackle supposed to be?
Neck: Hackle—cream, softly barred gray.

I have had people ask about my legbar projects and why I do them. One of the projects was taking away the barring from the legbar, just to see what color they had so I could clear up some color issues. I thought I had sold all of them but this one has been free ranging. Her mother was pure legbar and her father was clb roox brown leghorn hen (impure barred) so I got some nice non-barred legbars. On some of the birds I culled, they were overly melanized which helped me track down the hen that threw them so I culled her. Anyway, here is a non-barred legbar pullet

I have had people ask about my legbar projects and why I do them. One of the projects was taking away the barring from the legbar, just to see what color they had so I could clear up some color issues. I thought I had sold all of them but this one has been free ranging. Her mother was pure legbar and her father was clb roox brown leghorn hen (impure barred) so I got some nice non-barred legbars. On some of the birds I culled, they were overly melanized which helped me track down the hen that threw them so I culled her. Anyway, here is a non-barred legbar pullet

She's gorgeous!

she seems to lack ig correct?

Back
Top Bottom