1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Lowe's coop - BEAUTY!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kingdr85, Jun 7, 2011.

1. kingdr85

kingdr85 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Madison-Columbus WI
  2. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice for a couple of birds. But may need ventilation modifications depending on location

3. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    $530.00 not including tax -- Golly, you could have a really good sized coop for 500 bucks. That is cute, but in my opinion not practical.

Fog

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    If you had it open for free-roaming all day, it could work for a night-time sleeping area, but that's not enough space for confinement of more than a trio of bantams.

5. princessbroc

princessbroc Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Colorado
    very cute but probably only for a couple of chickens? thanks for posting!! [​IMG]

6. brownhen

brownhen New Egg

Jun 1, 2011
    Agreed. My husband and I spent less than $200 on materials for a coop and run that could comfortable fit 6 or 7 chickens! Plus, its handmade and our hens feel the love from the blood, sweat and tears we shed while building them an adequate home. [​IMG]

7. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    Very cute. But I have too many birds for something like that. And we had a 8x8 shed style coop built and paid about 600 for everything windows and all

8. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    It's lovely to look at and seems like it would work great as a stepping stone home for a few chicks, between brooder and coop, or perhaps as a chicken tractor for one or two hens.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  9. BlueBetween

BlueBetween Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    I wanted to find those plastic window wells to make a foraging tractor (small, light, fit in car, easy to build with, would be cute) but no one around me sells them. They have the metal ones but they are too heavy for a tractor [​IMG]

10. imusa76

imusa76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Modify the design to make it cheaper to build..

also its size I think are more for Bantams, than for full size fowl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by