The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    That sounds like what they look like when there is feather picking..... once the blood starts they don't stop. Just a guess.....

Sorry [​IMG]

2. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    I found ANOTHER snake today..... I hate snakes!!!!! He was at my breeding pens...... He will have to go....... he didn't get any eggs or chickens..... WILL HE EAT CHICKENS? I have young pullets growing out back there.... [​IMG]

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Posted to the wrong thread

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  4. TinTennessee

TinTennessee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Springfield , TN.
    My Coop
    Yep if their small enough. They will for sure eat eggs.

5. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    They are in the middle of my breeding pens.... maybe if it goes in it will be in the Blue Copper Marans pen.... He is currently pulletless.... and probably ready to KILL something [​IMG]

How little? They are about 3-4 months old..... small enough I guess. [​IMG]

Hubby said OK BTW.... Can we do next week? You can let me know what day and time work for you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  6. TinTennessee

Mar 25, 2012
    Springfield , TN.
    My Coop
    Unless its a really BIG snake @ 3 -4 months I'd think they'd be ok.
    I think I'll be in the shop most days, but will call. If sat. Is better for you we can do that. I'm going out of town next weekend. My sons coming home from his tour in Afghanistan. I'll be gone for 1 week

7. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    I can't really do tomorrow and church on sunday so lets just plan one day during the week. We don't work so we can work around your schedule.

I know you are VERY happy about that! Have fun!

It was about the same as the last one. 4-4.5 ft It was the same kinda snake. Funny it rattled his tail.... I had to look twice.... it was just vibrating it on the pen and leaves... no rattle [​IMG]REALLY!

8. TinTennessee

Mar 25, 2012
    Springfield , TN.
    My Coop
    The ones I kept as pets did the same against the tank side. Even though I knew what kind of snake was in the tank, I had to look twice. Duuuuh

9. Cinny

Cinny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Nashville Tennessee
    I have a question.....I bought a kitty litter box and put some fine sifted litter in it for a dusting area......they won't go near it but seem to do it with the little bit of pine shaavings on the ground. Should I use pine shavings instead, and how do it get them into the box ? Everything I've read says it's so easy, but it's not.

10. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    So, I borrowed my uncles .22.. I set my live trap every night, And hide out 3am-6am to see if the foxs would come back, Havent seen any yet...YET.. but caught 2 oppossum, one was small and young...almost cute.. the other was HUGE, and nasty!..and found out after I killed it, it had 10 naked babies in its pouch.. well, Chickens got a quick meal and I got a fresh pelt in the freezer, ready to start tanning!
    But we had out bi-annual hay cutter come yesterday, so now our yard doesnt really have anywhere for the foxs to hide(or the rabbitsYUM).. but we will see.

Anyone catch opposum,rabbits, or squirrel, etc. in their live traps?
    Im learning how to skin,flesh, and tan pelts..and the more I have, the more I can practice.
    Btw, got the CUTEST CHOCOLATE colored silkie roo today a swap!, We named him Hershey.:]
    Post pics tomorrow.
    Anyone know where I can get any dottes? I need a rooster for my slw and a bantam wyandotte roo.
    I hate foxs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by