The Middle Tennessee Thread

Figure pd I’d add a photo of said puppy, named Luke in the meantime.
DF84E68A-EB09-4AD3-B03E-F1CABC9BA75C.jpeg

Hi guys, haven’t been on in a while but it’s hatching season and when I put my duck eggs in to incubate, not one single egg was fertile! I lost my drake shortly thereafter (old age I believe) and now I have one lone snowy call who needs companionship. Does anyone here know where I can get a pair of calls, or at least a drake?

Hi guys, haven’t been on in a while but it’s hatching season and when I put my duck eggs in to incubate, not one single egg was fertile! I lost my drake shortly thereafter (old age I believe) and now I have one lone snowy call who needs companionship. Does anyone here know where I can get a pair of calls, or at least a drake?
@WVduckchick do you know how to contact Raven's boyfriend? I know he has calls close by.

Hi all,
I’ve got a couple of questions regarding electric poultry netting. I’m looking to get some from Premier1 most likely but having trouble deciding between the regular poultry net and the plus. Mainly due to the step in stakes. I’m not sure if I need the single step in stake or the double.

The regular has either single or double with pole spacing about 10 ft apart while the plus only has the double at about 7 ft apart. I guess I like the regular because I can get the fence in 164 ft sections. The plus only comes in 50 or 100 ft sections.

In Northern middle TN (Springfield area), which type of posts do you think would work better with the soil up here? The chicks will not be only contained by this. It’s mainly for daytime ranging and fresh grass. They have a secure fenced and overhead netted run and are in a coop at night.

Ant thoughts from those who use or have used the electric netting before?
Thanks, Medda

Hi again,
With the addition of 9 more chicks, I am going to end up with 3 boys. I have 2 Roos from last year and one 10 week old.

The 2 from last year are an Easter Egger who is a lovely boy. He treats the ladies, never shown aggression towards me, etc. the Buckeye roo is a different story - he submissive to the EE roo but aggressive to me every time I’m near. He’s got to go.

Free Buckeye roo, 1 year old to anyone who wants him. He’s a gorgeous bird, large, great condition but we just don’t get along.
Thanks,Medda

01D0004C-D974-42E0-BBE3-89E8EED6313E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom