The Middle Tennessee Thread

Donna - Momma hen took the adopted chicks in like her own. They're all doing well. Glad to hear you were able to save the little SLW. Guess business for the chicks picked up after I left.

That stinks they're not having anymore trade days. It was nice to meet a few of you and see Becky again.

Had a great time in the Boro again this weekend Les it was great to see you again too! Donna as always a pleasure. Too bad no other BYCers were there we need to do a meet up I guess soon.
I will be having my annual Hog Roast for the 4th of July (But it will be on the 7th this year) if anyone would be interested we could do a meet up there? I do live in Carthage so it may be a bit of a drive for some but thought I'd throw it out there. Let me know what you all think.

Thought I would stick my head back in
lol.png
I'm so happy to see I did such a great job enabling Donna when they were just starting out
lau.gif
now I don't feel so bad with my baors empty and for sale...my little Cochin's are happy doing the work for me.
Our rabbits are doing very well..lots of wins including one National first place a few weeks ago.
Now an ugly reminder how bad ticks are this year.Ethan got bit a few weeks ago by one and is now fighting an extremely rare disease-only a few reported cases in the US every year.He will recover but makes us remember how bad thos nasty things are.Boys will be boys though so it hasn't slowed him down very much
smile.png
the bun shows will go on.

Matlock

What breed?
I have a naragasett or bronze, and a bourben red.
They are about a week old, How do you tell if they are a boy or girl?.

country-
mine that I'm offering are naragansetts. I hatched them from luckypickens. You can tell what sex they are a couple ways... look at their heads from above. Females heads form a triangle with the point running to their beak, and toms look more square from above. But the easiest thing to spot on a tom is their snood. On a small poult it looks like a bump right at the top of their beak where it meets their head. Here are a couple pics of mine that show the snoods off.

I have to move to my desktop, tablet doesn't do well with pics... BRB

This is when they first hatched, and you can see the snood in the second from the left facing the cam.

this is from tonight, and you can see the snood again in the one with his beak resting on the wood.

The first one I hatched is a naragansett mixed with a midget white. He's sooooo cool. I'll have to get a pic on here of him. He runs to the gate as soon as he hears a car in the driveway, and he loves me, the wife, and our kids. He also just loves to strut for us and he enjoys protecting the smaller chickens. He's my absolute hands down favorite.
:D

Last edited:
Becky is my BIGGEST enabler... and the husband with the incubator that holds 540 eggs
hide.gif
Holly you did give me my second batch of pullets and roos.... some are still around.... but will probably be hitting the road soon as they are being replaced with new chicks. Hatching all the time! I thought the other day.... I have become Holly
tongue.png
When you said you had about 600 birds with chicks I thought you were crazy.... still do, I only have about 300 and with the culling that may be my max. I want to have about 6 pullets of each breed.... but alas my breeds keep expanding....

Becky, got some info on the Exchequer thing, WE ARE GOOD TO GO! and that little roo.... came right up to me and let me pick him up!
love.gif
to sweet! My WL are great and will let me pet them too. So we should have some sweet chickies
jumpy.gif
I am going to find him a home for him and his new girl. I have one pullet that lays an ENORMOUS egg and if I can figure out which one she is, he gets her. I can't wait to see these chickes after we cross them back with a Exchequer roo or pullet
celebrate.gif
This one is just for fun.... I think.

BTW I won an auction of BLRW...... Leah21.... it is all your fault....you will have to come help me build my Wyandotte Pens now! LOL

I need to pick the breeds I REALLY WANT....
he.gif
something has got to give.....

Donna i'm finally almost done with the coop. after tomorrow ( if it doesnt rain) i'll be done. Seriously holler if you need some help building something. Its what I do after all. Not that ya'll havent done great by yourselves. Just offering as you've beem really fair with me and i'd like to return the favor.

Becky is my BIGGEST enabler... and the husband with the incubator that holds 540 eggs
hide.gif
Holly you did give me my second batch of pullets and roos.... some are still around.... but will probably be hitting the road soon as they are being replaced with new chicks. Hatching all the time! I thought the other day.... I have become Holly
tongue.png
When you said you had about 600 birds with chicks I thought you were crazy.... still do, I only have about 300 and with the culling that may be my max. I want to have about 6 pullets of each breed.... but alas my breeds keep expanding....

Becky, got some info on the Exchequer thing, WE ARE GOOD TO GO! and that little roo.... came right up to me and let me pick him up!
love.gif
to sweet! My WL are great and will let me pet them too. So we should have some sweet chickies
jumpy.gif
I am going to find him a home for him and his new girl. I have one pullet that lays an ENORMOUS egg and if I can figure out which one she is, he gets her. I can't wait to see these chickes after we cross them back with a Exchequer roo or pullet
celebrate.gif
This one is just for fun.... I think.

BTW I won an auction of BLRW...... Leah21.... it is all your fault....you will have to come help me build my Wyandotte Pens now! LOL

I need to pick the breeds I REALLY WANT....
he.gif
something has got to give.....
I should have some extra pullets too so we can cross back with the roos too! I just love that little roo too he is a sweetie! The birds are so pretty I hope we can get the eggs bigger! I think this will be fun!

country-
mine that I'm offering are naragansetts. I hatched them from luckypickens. You can tell what sex they are a couple ways... look at their heads from above. Females heads form a triangle with the point running to their beak, and toms look more square from above. But the easiest thing to spot on a tom is their snood. On a small poult it looks like a bump right at the top of their beak where it meets their head. Here are a couple pics of mine that show the snoods off.
I have to move to my desktop, tablet doesn't do well with pics... BRB

This is when they first hatched, and you can see the snood in the second from the left facing the cam.

this is from tonight, and you can see the snood again in the one with his beak resting on the wood.
The first one I hatched is a naragansett mixed with a midget white. He's sooooo cool. I'll have to get a pic on here of him. He runs to the gate as soon as he hears a car in the driveway, and he loves me, the wife, and our kids. He also just loves to strut for us and he enjoys protecting the smaller chickens. He's my absolute hands down favorite.
big_smile.png
So if they have the snood, They are males? I thought they all had that LOL

Back
Top Bottom