The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Pics
Little guy isn’t doing so hot right now, though. Another broody hen attacked him.
C1106F3C-595F-4D16-9C1C-1AD2F0E6EC6B.png
52F054CC-8AD4-4A5B-98D8-EDEDF84A034D.jpeg
8CEB26ED-60C2-4B05-9B81-5F4F09767CFE.jpeg

Do you always let them brood their own eggs
No when I bred regularly I had 3 or 4 grey hens that their only job was brooding eggs. February through April they each would brood 3 maybe 4 clutches back to back to back. When they hatched a clutch i would pull them alot of the times still wet and put another batch under them.. I was just gifted these because hurricane ida destroyed most of my pens and killed alot of broodfowl and I was disgusted of the whole situation so I gave what was left away. I friend got word and asked if I wanted to get back into them so he gifted me a trio of greys and a pair of kelsos. The kelso hen is on a clutch now she is the other hen in the first pic. I haven't incubated in a long time.

No when I bred regularly I had 3 or 4 grey hens that their only job was brooding eggs. February through April they each would brood 3 maybe 4 clutches back to back to back. When they hatched a clutch i would pull them alot of the times still wet and put another batch under them.. I was just gifted these because hurricane ida destroyed most of my pens and killed alot of broodfowl and I was disgusted of the whole situation so I gave what was left away. I friend got word and asked if I wanted to get back into them so he gifted me a trio of greys and a pair of kelsos. The kelso hen is on a clutch now she is the other hen in the first pic. I haven't incubated in a long time.
That is awesome how they will hatch non stop.

Back
Top Bottom