The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Pics
So unless I miscounted (very possible), my last shipment was ordered 14 araucana and 4 splash marans. It looks like I got 6 splash marans and 18 araucana (although some have tails. At least one is very obvious, the other 3 extras, I can't tell). I had agreed to tailed extras however as opposed to possibly no extras, so I won't complain. This is one of the first times I've ever gotten extra chicks in an order, and so many too! I really hope they grow nicely (haven't lost any though yet and it's been a week) so I can leave a good review.
View attachment 3093844
Also Colt, take a real close look at yours. The ones I thought were 1 tufted actually just have a teeny tiny tuft on one side and a normal one on the other side. So maybe yours are just Itty bitty.
View attachment 3093852View attachment 3093856View attachment 3093858
Cockerel

Here's the unknown Ketwa. And honestly I'm not even 100% certain it's a ketwa. Unfortunately it's not a standardized bird here so I can't go by color and if it's a girl, it isn't gonna laugh when it crows.
20220505_132555.jpg
20220505_132632.jpg
20220505_132619.jpg

Are they all the same age? Compared to the others, that one looks like the only boy.
Yes. Like I said, I know for certain I have a pair. The other one isn't 100% one way or another. Coloring isn't sexable, and it has a smaller comb than the male but redder wattles than the female.

Doesn't really matter since I'm keeping them all no mater the sex though. I just like to show them off.

Back
Top Bottom