The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Pics
Yes. Like I said, I know for certain I have a pair. The other one isn't 100% one way or another. Coloring isn't sexable, and it has a smaller comb than the male but redder wattles than the female.

Doesn't really matter since I'm keeping them all no mater the sex though. I just like to show them off.
They are beautiful! Where did you get them from?
Is it just the lighting, or do they all have different colored legs?

Yes. Like I said, I know for certain I have a pair. The other one isn't 100% one way or another. Coloring isn't sexable, and it has a smaller comb than the male but redder wattles than the female.

Doesn't really matter since I'm keeping them all no mater the sex though. I just like to show them off.
So you have 3 of the ketwa chickens?

They are beautiful! Where did you get them from?
Is it just the lighting, or do they all have different colored legs?
The white one has different legs. The pair I'm pretty sure have the same or similar colored legs.

I got them from Feather Lover Farms, but it was a big risk considering what I read about after placing the order. Without knowledge that their customer practices get better, I'm almost certainly not buying from them again because I don't want to go through months of worry again

My 4 chicks are already growing. They have little wing feathers coming in, and two of them are starting to get tail feathers.

IMG_20220504_173223605~2.jpg

IMG_20220504_173608385~2.jpg
IMG_20220504_174102313~2.jpg
IMG_20220504_175047306_HDR~3.jpg

What about that one hen? Didn't she just hatch out some? I think she was out of that barred mottled one?
Are we not counting the rat birds? How are they doing?

That defective one made her own babies.

See.
Ya I did have that one hatch 3 but I'm still counting that as a fluke so...

Rattlings are good. I did lose a few the first couple days but all has been well since. They're starting to look like real life quail now just mini versions

Back
Top Bottom