The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

I'm losing it.
Bought this hot dog machine at auction last year because of course it would make a cool hatcher at some point.
Walked by it earlier and just thought.... man, I want a hot dog.
Terrible terrible
20220530_175844.jpg

I already decided it was going to be called Biscuit before hatching. FYI, next chick will be named Pudding
You need three more so you can name them Honey, Butter, and Chicken. Then you can have Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit.
End Game Success GIF by GEICO

Sweet. Idk much about them except they're tiny.
They are pretty cute. I like mine.

How fragile are they?
Worse I've had were the bantam modern games.
Depends? I lose a couple a year. They handle heat better than cold. The truly tiny ones usually need supplemental heat in the winter. But all of mine except one made it through the -9 temps and snow for a week a couple of years ago out of the blue. I like them because they have so many patterns.

Depends? I lose a couple a year. They handle heat better than cold. The truly tiny ones usually need supplemental heat in the winter. But all of mine except one made it through the -9 temps and snow for a week a couple of years ago out of the blue. I like them because they have so many patterns.
I haven't lost any from weather conditions.. yet. My Serama rooster did get frostbite and lost his tips on his comb but overall they did well. I don't heat my coop and winters here are brutal.

Back
Top Bottom