The Night of the Mare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry everyone. I've been extremely busy lately but this is what I have done of chapter two so far. Not much, and I'm not very proud of it but whatever :(
Chap. 2

A few minutes later, to Livvy’s relief, Jet reappeared. He was trotting alongside the goats across from her. Livvy tried to keep her mind focused on what she was doing, but for some reason she felt really sleepy. She stumbled a few times and everything was blurry for a moment. “Jet,” she called weakly, “Jet, come here.” Luckily, Jet heard her weak voice above the roaring of the wind, and trotted over. Livvy grabbed on to his large neck and dragged herself up. “Jet, help...help me…” suddenly the world started spinning, and everything turned green, then yellow, then black. And that was all she remembered.

When she woke up, she was alone. She was freezing cold and couldn’t remember anything. She tried to move but she felt stiff. Just as things were coming back to her, she heard a fierce growl coming from above. She looked up, to see a strange, black, dog like animal looking over the edge of a cliff at her. It was about 10 feet up. “Jet?” she asked weakly. “Is that you, Jet?”

Suddenly her eyes focused and she came back to reality. It was not Jet. It was not Jada. It was a wolf! The black wolf growled again. Livvy knew it was hungry. What she didn’t know was where Zada and Jet and the goats were. “Maybe the wolves already ate them!” Livvy worried. Suddenly a shadow fell upon her, and she froze. “This is it,” she thought helplessly. “There is nothing I can do to save myself.” She opened her eyes for what she thought would be the last time. She exclaimed in surprise. “Jet!”

Jet barked at the wolf and showed his large fangs. He had his tail high in the air. The wolf eyed him for a minute before slowly giving up and drifting off up the mountain. To Livvy’s surprise, it hadn’t been a pack, but only a hungry loner who couldn’t do any harm with Jet protecting her. “Jet,” she said softly. “I don’t think I can ever repay you for what you’ve done.”

Jet tugged at her jacket and growled impatiently as if to say “are you coming?”. Livvy was still freezing cold but she managed to get to her feet by holding onto Jet. Jet slowly walked her up the little hill and back onto the trail. To Livvy’s amazement there stood Zada and all of the goats. “Wow. These dogs are amazing!” she thought, filled with joy and relief.
Livvy and the animals pushed their way up the mountain. “The ledge should be around here somewhere.” she said out loud. “Oh! There it is. Finally!” She cried. “Zap them, Zada!” she called. With her last bit of strength, she crawled under the ledge and fell asleep.

Remember this isn't all of it and it needs a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom