The Old Folks Home

Thanks guys. I officially passed and was given my proof of passing two weeks ago. The VE (examiners) who is in charge of testing submits the test results to the FCC. Somehow it's more official when you see your upgrade on the FCC website. Now they will send me an official license but once it appears on line, you are in. Both my husband and I are VE's but unfortunately, no we cannot test ourselves, LOL or one another.

@ronott1 used to be that when you wanted to upload a pic to a post, you would click on the 'picture' icon and your already posted pictures would appear that you could choose from or upload a new picture. I clicked on the icon the other day and ....no pictures were on file. Nope, never saved them to media or an album...I know, my bad but where did they go? Can I still retrieve them or were they lost in the update? I still have my own file for my pictures off site and have the pictures but was just wondering where the others went.
? :pop

Click on gallery and then your media. The images that were moved over a couple of years ago should be there.

You can upload files with the media button now. Click on drop media here and then there is a browse for files function
Penny and I tried that last night. Nada. Must not have gotten moved.

That's okay, gives me a challenge to do more photos!

To which paragraph, Perchie, my friend?

First paragraph, I took my final HAM radio test almost two weeks ago. There are three stages of HAM licensing, tech which covers 2 meter radio and a very small select number of frequencies on other bands. Police, Fire, etc use 2 meters for instance, they have their own special bands that they use. HAMS use 2 meters for local communication, weather and traffic, emergency and disaster training and use.

Second is Amateur General Lots more prestige lots more frequencies. It's considered the 'big boys and girls radio' as it covers more bandwidths and frequencies, plus the new digital networks which I really enjoy doing. It dabbles a little deeper into how antennas and radios work and the basics of soldering and creating your own circuit boards.

Finally there is Amateur Extra, which is the test I just took. Lots of algebra and trig, which I suck at but thanks to my loving husband I was able to muddle through with it. More complex, lots of electronics, lots of antenna science. It was really a hard study that took me over 5 months in order to get ready for and then I had my doubts. I was mentally exhausted when I took it. Missed one questions. Got 100% on element 1, 100% element 2, and 99% on element 3. The last test is 50 questions, first two 35. DH was my tutor and my hero. I don't think I would have got through it without his patience and knowing how my old brain works.

The Amateur Extra enables a HAM to reach out and touch more foreign stations.

2nd paragraph, can't find my bleepin photos! My mistake, my bad, my negligence for not putting them in media or an album.

How ya doin, girl?

To which paragraph, Perchie, my friend?

2nd paragraph, can't find my bleepin photos! My mistake, my bad, my negligence for not putting them in media or an album.

How ya doin, girl?

doing pretty well... ate too fast tonight and it went right through.... Oh well. But I am fining my balance and my wobblys are subsiding. Yay. I am down probably another half size. I finally got smart and bought a pair of suspenders.

I belive I have passed the half way point... I was near it last time I weighed. Half way is approximately 115. They said Id only loose 80 percent of my excess. Lower rate of loss with Gastric sleeve. So 80 percent of 228 would be 182 lbs... But I never was one to let myself be cubby holed... So have another six months to reach my inital goal of 228. Which would put me at 150 lbs.

So the conservative target is another 67 lbs. Which would put me at around 192 pounds... I dont want that.... I wanna be 150 -160... I can move at that weight I can dance I can do alot of things... I may be 64 but am not ready for the rocking chair and the walker.

Lets see the new meds for Clinical Depression are working famously.... making me feel almost normal.... Yay. I lived with that shroud since I was about 25... and figuring out the dynamics of all that has been an adventure.... Sigh. But worth it.

deb

Oh and for what its worth for the new people... I had bariatric surgery to loose weight. and I am not afraid to talk about it. I Topped out at 378 lbs some time in March of last year.
I had diabetes high blood pressure and Anxitey and Depression. Alot of marks against me.
The doc removed most of my stommach and left me with a pouch that would only hold seven ounces. I lost fifty pounds with the dietition proving to the insurance company that I could follow a plant.... Then another forty after surgery in about a month.

My blood pressure went so low they had to take me off all but one med for blood pressure. And my glucose level Crashed so bad that they took me off meds for type 2 diabetes.

Hopefully the tests from my Cardiologist in Mach will have me off Blood Pressure meds all toghether.

deb

Back
Top Bottom