The Old Folks Home

I get all my vaccinations at our CVS pharmacy located in our Target store. I know the pharmacist since 1990, our sons both went thru awful acne at the same time and without meds they healed just fine. No scars like some doctor predicted.

Plus which I get a $ 5.coupon to spend in Target whenever I get a shot. I always kid with the pharmacist and say he "harpoons" me and loves doing it. Ha ha, he is painless and the last time he was training someone to give injections and tried him out on me. I didn't feel a thing.

I do have medicare so some injections are free (like flu shots), I think there was a slight charge for shingles shot and had to have two of them. Also get a special flu shot for seniors, I think it is sorta like a double dose. No problems with it. Had a special pneumonia shot that covered several types. I totally trust my pharmacist. I always ask if there is something new I can get a shot for. Just because I can't believe I got over my major fear of shots etc. Sadly my son avoids shots like the plague.

I do recall I felt the shingles shot for days. But when I first got it didn't feel a thing. Then the next day my arm wasn't very happy., etc. It wasn't horrible though- just a physical reminder.

Microchick is Diesel one of the cattle dog kids? I would expect Varn to do that mischief.
Oh he sure is. He is the one that the middle of this past summer he got into a fight with Varn and when DH went to separate them, Diesel latched onto his arm and leg. I think he just saw my DH as another combatant at that point in time. We were ready to put him down but the next morning looked at him, looked at one another and asked ourselves if that was what we really wanted to do and we both said no.

At that point I went to work on him with a my way or the highway attitude. I bought two prong collars on Amazon and started obedience training. I hadn't done serious training in almost 50 years, but it all came back to me. Every morning out we went. At first it was a battle of wills but slowly my will began to win out. Now, almost 4 months later, Diesel is a different dog. Oh he still has an attitude but he has eagerly learned to walk on lead, heel, and sit on command. When we take him out for his morning work out, we shut his 4 brothers and sisters outside unless we take one along (they are all learning obedience) About two weeks ago, Diesel figured out that if his brothers and sisters are outside, HE can jump against the inside door and push it closed. We have caught him standing on his hind legs and actually walking with his forelegs on the door to get it closed. He then jumps up on the top bunk of their bunk beds, looks in the kitchen and starts whining to let us know he's ready to go.

He went to the vets yesterday for his vaccinations and the vet was amazed. This was the same dog who got loose when he was 8 months old and there to be neutered and terrorized everyone there.

It's been a lot of work but we are getting exercise along with them and go out no matter what the weather is with the exception of downpours, that is. The reward is every time we look at Diesel and say "Good Boy!" and mean it. I knew there was a good dog in his tough guy shell. It just took some major excavation to get to it.

Varn doesn't have half of Diesel's attitude, God, I don't think I'd survive two Diesels!

Will do it was great but know.. I have said it I am not a cake master
cake mix butter cake, bought frosting used 2 containers of it then I had bought fondant to decorate with bats and ghosts the Son was born 1 hour shy of the October 31
I was born 1 hr after Halloween--on Nov.1 (all Saints Day)---your cake looks great

1604153942773.png

And Good Morning Everyone out there in Geriatric Land! Stay safe today and have fun! Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays simply because it's just like Christmas without all the stress of dealing with family get togethers and holiday shopping!

View attachment 2393984

And Good Morning Everyone out there in Geriatric Land! Stay safe today and have fun! Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays simply because it's just like Christmas without all the stress of dealing with family get togethers and holiday shopping!
I love it because I could decorate, dress up and act weird!

Back
Top Bottom