The Old Folks Home

Well, I got a lot done today, learned something in the process. Got part of Serendipity plains knocked down again. Last week's steady rain caused 'issues' again. But that's done. Then went in to feed all the kids around breakfast time. All the pullets I moved in mass were doing great with their new surroundings and already established flocks. Moving them in in pairs worked a treat. The only one not happy (again) is Peg. She was the lone pullet that went in with an established group.. But she's got to stay there and work things out.
Let the younger pullets out, as well as the two older hens. They made a bee line to the large round pen since it was empty. It is now their current home. I will pull two of the pullets back to put in with King Wheaties and his sister. One of them was already in with him and immediately did the correct bowing and wing fluffing to show submission to him. His sister is a problem atm.. But putting two older pullets in there at the same time should break her of that.
Two remaining cockerels are all alone in their pen now. And I managed to get it cleaned out.
Washed up one of the tubs, and the large dog crate already. Made a trip to the store for a few odds and ends.. So I'm done, for now.

Here it is:
20210922_092647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom