The Old Folks Home

This afternoon there was a shooting at the mall where we have a stand. We weren't there but kept getting messages how to evacuate. There were reports of shooting injuries and tramplings. (Park City Mall Lancaster pa)
I am so sorry! Stuff like that always amazes me.

I am glad you weren't there, and I sure am sorry for the people that were.

:(

I didn't get any eggs today. When somebody shakes out their feathers it's like a snowfall. Can't say that I blame them. Pulled all the large roosters from the coop except for Tut who is molting as badly as the rest of them. Most of the hens are look more like porky pines then chickens so they don't need rammy young blood trying to mate them at the moment.
I got one egg from my 4 hens today! It was a blue egg too.

I am so sorry! Stuff like that always amazes me.

I am glad you weren't there, and I sure am sorry for the people that were.

:(
I'm glad we weren't there to. There are so many in the area strong pro-gun and against the police. Sad for everyone who tries so hard to keep the area a safe place. I would like to think the Lancaster County where I grew up is immune to all this.

I am dreading that sort of temperature.
Agreed. I was awake half the night with leg cramps- got the long johns and long stockings out! I never sleep with air conditioning, it gets into the bones! The grasshoppers were slow today and the chickens were under the bushes gorging on them-and snails and grubs. They were protected from the cold wind there.

Happy October!
20211018_010015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom