The Old Folks Home

the flizzles.
That's a good description! Here we say, "It's snaining," or "It's rowing," if it's sort of both snow and rain.

Lots of us on this thread will remember "White Rain" hair products.

There was an ad for the hairspray in which the woman was on the go all day (a reporter, maybe?) and at the end of the day, she was beat, but her hair still looked great. "She conked out, but her hair held up," was the tag line, if I recall.

I go that one better and say, "I conked out and my hair looked like crap too."

I only use hairspray on special occasions. The rest of the time I use this as a leave-in conditioner. YES I know it's marketed for horses but people use it, too. I read about it on a hair care forum for fine/thin hair and ohmygosh it's amazing! It gives fine hair just a wee bit of weight so it behaves like "normal" hair and you can work with it and it'll hold. It also smells like coconut. I love it.

21401.jpg

I keep my hair ultra short. The longest is on top of my head. Maybe an inch and a half. I searched for years before I found a hair stylist who understood what I was saying when I said 'I want you to Hally Berry my hair the way she wore hers shen she was a bond girl'. Then I set, closed my eyes and hoped for the best. She got it perfect. Short and spikey. It's a cut that I can do myself now and have to touch up every two weeks. When I wake up with bed head I know it's time to trim. If I can put styling gel on it, run my fingers through it, it's perfect.

I love long hair but as active as I am, short is better.

My haircut budget is $0/year. When it gets too long, I cut some off. I wear it in a ponytail to keep it out of my way. And also so you can't tell I cut it myself. :rolleyes:

I'd love to have a short-short cut, about 1-2" long. I gave myself one 33+ year ago when a perm fried my hair. It did not look good on me at all. Having someone try to trim it and fix it didn't look any better, so I grew it out and went back to the ponytail.

I'd try the short-short again, with a professional doing it, but I don't want the constant upkeep or trim cost. I'm very no-frills, no-maintenance when it comes to my hair.

Back
Top Bottom