The Old Folks Home

I moved the youngest batch of chicks outside today. Pulled a lot of weeds, Moved the biggest chicks into bigger quarters. Regular chores, planted some marigolds in the veggie garden. Pulled some blackberry canes. Dumped some dirty bedding off away from the coops.
Sounds like a very productive day

Sounds like a very productive day
And i am still doing things. Boiling eggs for the chickens, mixing up meds. Going to run an x cord to the coop i just put chickens in today. They just seem off.
And i am going early tomorrow to a native plant sale, then to a gem, mineral and jewelry sale. May go to Goodwill as well as look for arrowheads. Rivers are too swollen to look for arrowheads.
Nancy only wanted to go to the plant show and then straight home. Boring! So we are both driving our own vehicles. And i am taking 6 roosters for a friend. Just tired of feeding birds i don't need.

Morning everyone. Hope y'all have a safe and pleasant Memorial Day weekend and take a minute to reflect on those who gave their lives in defense of our precious freedom.

It's been wet here too. We got 2 inches of rain in one downpour on Thursday afternoon. To say everything is water logged would be an understatement but they assure us that the rain is over for awhile.

We shall see.

@Blooie, thank you and yes it was an overall success. I did try the natural light also plus their brooder sits where western light can pour in so they were very aware of the sunset. Didn't matter. They refused to go under the heating pad unless their night light was on. Strange little birds those Fayoumis.

Still busy here doing wood, mowing, tending my little garden and enjoying Spring...when it isn't raining buckets.

Have fun at the Flower show and MIneral Show @CapricornFarm. I will be with you in spirit.

Morning everyone. Hope y'all have a safe and pleasant Memorial Day weekend and take a minute to reflect on those who gave their lives in defense of our precious freedom.

It's been wet here too. We got 2 inches of rain in one downpour on Thursday afternoon. To say everything is water logged would be an understatement but they assure us that the rain is over for awhile.

We shall see.

@Blooie, thank you and yes it was an overall success. I did try the natural light also plus their brooder sits where western light can pour in so they were very aware of the sunset. Didn't matter. They refused to go under the heating pad unless their night light was on. Strange little birds those Fayoumis.

Still busy here doing wood, mowing, tending my little garden and enjoying Spring...when it isn't raining buckets.

Have fun at the Flower show and MIneral Show @CapricornFarm. I will be with you in spirit.
20220528_120818.jpg

Had lots of fun looking at all the minerals, fossils and jewelry! Then i went to the Roanoke River, and despite flooding i was able to find over a bucket of rocks to bring home. A bit different than the usual stuff i find around here.

Back
Top Bottom