The Olive-Egger thread!

My newest laying Olive egger girls have really been giving me some pretty eggs the last few days! Just wanted to post a few pics.

Yesterdays (the 3 in the top row are OE eggs. Eggs on the bottom are golden cuckoo marans except the white one)
45258_oliveeggs_10-2011.jpg

Todays from a different hen

45258_imgp1772.jpg

45258_imgp1763.jpg

45258_imgp1766.jpg

Thank you. Last year I had my first f1s that I had from an ameraucana hen crossed to a very dark egg gened Black copper marans roo. Then I did an experiment where I crossed some of the hens to thier peacombed olive egger brother, some to an ameraucana roo (the f1's mother's brother), and some back to the dark egg gened BCM roo (father). I kept the babies separate and kept the hens (f2). Now they are all approaching POL. There are a total of 13 hens. I will post all the Olive eggs from each group once I get them all laying
smile.png
I wanted to see what happened when you crossed an olive egg back to blue, back to dark brown, or just back to olive gene.

Here is an example of the egg color from last year from my f1s (ameraucana hen x BCM roo)
45258_olive_egg.jpg

Yoohoo Wynette....wanted to show you what is going on here with the OE babies I just picked up from Speckledhen....ummmmm they are being cuddlized! One of the 2 clean legged ones has become my daughter's buddy. The little one runs to the side of the brooder everytime Cheyenne goes by and it wants to be picked up and sit on her shoulder. LOL One that I believe to be a little male runs over to me, of course, the males always do *sigh* hahahahaha Also wanted to let you know that when I put them in the brooder with my week old Russian Orloff chicks, the almost 3 week old OEs screamed like little girls. They acted like the horrid flesh eating Orloffs at half their size were going to kill them. Took two days for the screaming to cease. hahahaha

IMAG0991.jpg

IMAG0992.jpg

For size comparison...this is both Orloff chicks in my daughter's hand hahahahahaha Scarey things aren't they?

IMAG0995.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom