The Olive-Egger thread!

My multiple generation OE pullet - I can't wait to see what color she lays! She's 12 wks old.
IMG_4199.jpg

Kelly, she is lovely! I love her splash pattern - different, and so pretty!

bucka - what a beautiful quad of eggs there! Congrats on your first olive egg!

HappyMtn - what a pretty gal you have there! I know what you mean about too much going on. I feel like I'm forever waiting...waiting...waiting....waiting for eggs to hatch, waiting for babies to grow enough so I can tell gender...waiting for pullets to start laying....

Thanks Wynette, I love a good splash pattern and she's the last hatch from my rooster, Ford over my blue OE hen.

I also have this girl from Kathy. I sure hope she lays soon - I'm on pins and needles! She's 25 weeks.
IMG_4181.jpg

And here she is giving my barnevelder rooster a complex about his size. She's massive!
IMG_4206.jpg

Quote:
OMG - holy cuteness! LOVE LOVE LOVE that first pic!!! Thanks so much for sharing, and it was fun pulling one over on you! HA!!!
wink.png
Can't wait to "watch" the little cuties growing up...big weenies, eh? BA HA HA!
hugs.gif

great thread, I am rasing my first gen from pure bev davis bcms and my questionable line of ameraucanas, they are beautiful but I am thinking I should have gone withe the blacks or whites, they are excelent quality, but were all "busy" when I decided to start wit the oe's

They scream like little girls when the evil hand comes in the brooder and then they chirp so sweetly being held and loved on. Hahahahaha. I adore them and will have to get some updated individual pics for you.

Okay, here's my latest Olive Egger babies.
smile.png
Haven't hatched any in a while and I miss it. . . These are F1/First Generation babies. No second gens yet.

This assortment is all from a small handful of Black Copper Marans hens covered by two Araucana cocks; one is a Blue Cuckoo the other is a Blue-Golden Duckwing w/Columbian. Basically a Lemon-Blue Quail.

This time I'm getting a fun assortment of possibilities, and FINALLY got myself some tufted rumpless OE's. I'm also this time keeping track of who hatched from what, so I know what kind of parent is behind each chick. I already know daddy, but mom's egg color would be something neat to compare with the possible pullet's future egg color.

These are the eggs I hatched out. The numbered ones are what the Olive Eggers hatched from, the numbers follow with the chicks shown later. The eggs not numbered had a different type of mutt hatch out.

6284304967_bd1a0e6eed_z.jpg

Here's chick #1. A mysterious, pretty light brown color. Clean-faced and tailed. I'm very curious how it will mature to look like, because I have no clue why it's a pale brown color.

6284519824_d9b1b3c2a9_z.jpg

Here's chick #2. Clean-faced, rumpless, giving a mean look. . .

6284523636_f2cd320589_z.jpg

Here's chick #3. This huge, fluffy, clean-faced blue sadly has either a weird spraddle leg issue or a very weak left leg. Trying to work at getting it better.

6284006147_ac9b0e5233_z.jpg

Here's chick #4. Another big clean-faced and rumpless blue. This one I'm not sure which egg here it hatched from. Either a dark one or a pale one laid by a BIG hen.

6284526984_3c3f2865ca_z.jpg

Here's chick #5. One of my tufted rumpless ones! See the pretty little tuft on the left.

6284010975_7924724765_z.jpg

6284012109_41cf0a2669_z.jpg

Here's chick #6. My second tufted one, possibly tailed. Has a small tuft.

6284013685_84be8b086a_z.jpg

6284534348_76d1340003_z.jpg

Here's chick #7. Another clean-faced but rumpless brown. Obviously the same parents, as it too is nearly clean-legged.

6284014941_c9c558bd40_z.jpg

Here's chick #8. An awesome cuckoo colored one, sadly clean-faced, but she is rumpless! this one is either the only OE baby from my Blue Cuckoo Araucana or he's incomplete for barring, making a couple other chicks his as well. We'll find out.

6284017421_8aa10bd96a_z.jpg

6284538498_4c93c2115b_z.jpg

And wait, there's more! A while ago I freaked out about possibly having feather legged Buff x Wheaten Ameraucana chicks, well, they weren't thank goodness. They're Blue Wheaten Marans x Wheaten Ameraucana OE's.

Here's a Wheaten cockerel, looks a lot like a Wheaten Am cockerel, and is feathering out like one. My Wheaten Marans cockerel, same age, is feathering extremely slowly which is normal for my Wh/BW Marans boys.

6284319585_79ec1798f9_z.jpg

A little Blue Wheaten pullet.

6284837234_9fc7c4f8da_z.jpg

A younger likely pullet.

6284317871_4f6e70cc8f_z.jpg

This little cockerel is actually an unexpected mistake - He's 1/2 Wheaten Marans, 1/4 Wheaten Ameraucana, 1/4 Polish. He's got a V influenced single comb though, so, he's just gonna be a very interesting meat cockerel. I'm really excited to see how he'll grow to look. The comb especially with its double bladed tip is neat.

6284314805_3b402b0426_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom