the PVC thing does NOT work!

sayisayisayi

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 25, 2011
So I constructed a PVC Feeder 4" diameter, about 36" long. bottom line, the Food does NOT funnel down into the feeding part. At first I had a 90 degree elbow and that didnt work, so then I switched it for a 60 degree Elbow and now that doesnt work. I even lifted the end to a very Unreasonable height, and THAT doesnt work. The food just wont slide down.... and Im not talking ALL the way down to the end..It wont slide down at ALL..it just for some reason clogs at the elbow, no matter how much feed you put into the supply end of it, it wont budge... Anyone??? Anything???

I think I've seen them with a 45 Sutillman has some PM her I think she had initial issues but they are working now.

Also, a picture would help.

smile.png

Try using a y adapter at the bottom , if the entry is to deep try cutting a few inches off so the can get to the food better.This is what i used for a deer feeder and they get their snout in there just fine.The food seems to fall alright.Just a suggestion, hope this helps ,cause soon as my little ones are in their coop I'm trying it.

I built a 2" pvc feeder for the oyster shells, it is my understanding that they only eat this when they need it so my plan is to just tap it every couple of days and the funnels down to the hole. I am using a regular feeder for their regular food. I rebuilt the oyster shell feeder because I used a 90 degree elbow originally and switched it out to a 90 degree sweep and it helped.

IMG_0753.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, just went out and bought the Sweep elbow, installed it...and Nothing...still bottles up right in the elbow and no food trickles down to the first feeding hole, which is only 4 inches away from the end of the elbow..So heres the next question...Any chance its the food? my chicks are only 7 weeks old and obviously not on the layer feed, so I go to thinking, maybe everyones works so well cause the layer feed is bigger? Idk, Ive never seen the layer food, any chance this is my dilema????

Back
Top Bottom