• Yes

Votes: 106 87.6%
  • They are Ok

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I want a rooster!I love there crowing!
I live in NE Ga. If you want to come and take your pick. I love roosters too. I have about 8 extra ones. 4 of them just started crowing. Their crowing never bothered me. But I am willing to share. I have a white leghorn, barred rock, blue cochin, black cochin and 4mixed that was sold to me as Easter eggers and Wyandottes but are mixed with something else.

I live in NE Ga. If you want to come and take your pick. I love roosters too. I have about 8 extra ones. 4 of them just started crowing. Their crowing never bothered me. But I am willing to share. I have a white leghorn, barred rock, blue cochin, black cochin and 4mixed that was sold to me as Easter eggers and Wyandottes but are mixed with something else.
I'm in ME :/

We have 3 black australorps that are 6 1/2 weeks old. Would you mind posting a pic of your Jerkface Jake, so I can use it for reference? I think we may have a roo, but then again.. I'm not so sure :confused:

I am going to get some pics tomorrow. I will post him along with the females for reference. His tail is the same as the girls right now but the comb has been showing since week 3. I would say his comb is just under a quarter inch tall while the others is barely showing.

Mace Gill. I read your post about Australorps' tails growing in slower than the hens. I bought 11 chicks from a woman that I found local on Craigslist. She said that they were Wyandotte and Easter eggers. I put them on here a while back and asked what they were. That is when I knew they were mixed. But I didn't know what with. I thought for a long time that 6of them might be rumpless. But they are growing tails now. It was only the roos that started growing a tail late. I wonder if they may have some Australorp in them

Mace Gill. I read your post about Australorps' tails growing in slower than the hens. I bought 11 chicks from a woman that I found local on Craigslist. She said that they were Wyandotte and Easter eggers. I put them on here a while back and asked what they were. That is when I knew they were mixed. But I didn't know what with. I thought for a long time that 6of them might be rumpless. But they are growing tails now. It was only the roos that started growing a tail late. I wonder if they may have some Australorp in them
I know the late growing tails is a trait in Australorps, but I don't know if any other breeds have that trait! I wouldn't use that as strict guide for what your birds my be mixed with.

Also ... on an unrelated note ... don't take too much stock in advice from some kook on the interwebs ;)

When our rooster Floki had become bully, we thought to humiliate him in front of hos flock. Read up on the technique ... hold him upside down for a good twenty minutes or so. Once he's calm, parade him in front of the flock. Did this ... see the photo (he's perfectly fine in the photo) ... didn't work. He was still a bully.

coco floki upsidedown.jpg

I am going to get some pics tomorrow. I will post him along with the females for reference. His tail is the same as the girls right now but the comb has been showing since week 3. I would say his comb is just under a quarter inch tall while the others is barely showing.
That would be great! IMG_1781.JPG IMG_1787.JPG This is our Elsa "girl". Her tail was short and stubby for the longest time as a new chick, then her comb was more pink and slightly bigger, now her tail has caught up but I now notice wattles. She is also the watch dog of the younger group. Other 2 Australorps have lighter (but not by much) combs, no wattles.

Back
Top Bottom