the silkie slickers

we call her cracker..short for graham cracker......and that is my little frizzle sugar...these 2 go everywhere together, they are inseparable...

Attachments

• sugar and graham cracker.JPG
    sugar and graham cracker.JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 14
Thank you!! We think we have a partridge, black, blue and white one. I’m predicting that the black and white one are girls. The blue one I’m not sure and the partridge I think is a boy. But they are silkies so who really knows lol
oh you lucky duck! no puns included :gig i just realized the quantity of fluffy butts you care for, lol! be too cute! you have such a variety of silkies, impressive!

oh you lucky duck! no puns included :gig i just realized the quantity of fluffy butts you care for, lol! be too cute! you have such a variety of silkies, impressive!

Yes I did get lucky!! I saw a post on my states chicken Facebook page and the lady breeds all sorts of colors so I asked her to save one of each for me! Only had to drive 40 minutes :D

Here are my babies! They're 5 weeks old tomorrow! First time hatching eggs got 18 eggs for $15?! Only 10 hatched, 8 weren't fertile.. but it was also the dead of winter. It's crazy how none of them look alike. We have: a gold, a splash, a blue, a blue frizzle, a black/grey underneath, a full black, a black show girl, a white show girl, a white frizzle showgirl, and a partridge satin showgirl! We sadly lost my white hen a while back but anither
IMG_14431.jpg
IMG_14331.jpg

Scooter and Blondie (roos I think)
IMG_14281.jpg

Dusty (roo) and Gracie
IMG_14231.jpg

Melvin and Midnight
IMG_14201.jpg

Marilyn and Monroe (frizzle roo)
IMG_14181.jpg

Rufus(named before she hatched, I have a her whole incubation period on camera)
IMG_14191.jpg

And finally Darla.
Sorry for the total over load. I love these guys a little too much!

Here are my babies! They're 5 weeks old tomorrow! First time hatching eggs got 18 eggs for $15?! Only 10 hatched, 8 weren't fertile.. but it was also the dead of winter. It's crazy how none of them look alike. We have: a gold, a splash, a blue, a blue frizzle, a black/grey underneath, a full black, a black show girl, a white show girl, a white frizzle showgirl, and a partridge satin showgirl! We sadly lost my white hen a while back but anitherView attachment 2030918View attachment 2030919
Scooter and Blondie (roos I think)View attachment 2030920
Dusty (roo) and GracieView attachment 2030921
Melvin and MidnightView attachment 2030922
Marilyn and Monroe (frizzle roo)View attachment 2030924
View attachment 2030925
And finally Darla.
You have naked neck silkies! Love those!! And great job getting a clutch of eggs for a cheap price.

Here are my babies! They're 5 weeks old tomorrow! First time hatching eggs got 18 eggs for $15?! Only 10 hatched, 8 weren't fertile.. but it was also the dead of winter. It's crazy how none of them look alike. We have: a gold, a splash, a blue, a blue frizzle, a black/grey underneath, a full black, a black show girl, a white show girl, a white frizzle showgirl, and a partridge satin showgirl! We sadly lost my white hen a while back but anitherView attachment 2030918View attachment 2030919
Scooter and Blondie (roos I think)View attachment 2030920
Dusty (roo) and GracieView attachment 2030921
Melvin and MidnightView attachment 2030922
Marilyn and Monroe (frizzle roo)View attachment 2030924
View attachment 2030925
And finally Darla.
Sooooo adorable! I love how they all look different! What a fun surprise. I think thats a great price for 10 silkie chicks too! I paid $7 for my four so already $28. How did you determine if they are boys/girls? I know silkies can be so hard to sex. Mine I have been guessing by how fast they are feathering in. I also heard of this farmers trick where you hold the hatchling on its back and if it legs tuck in its a girl and if they don't you "give it back" Haha (as in to the seller)! However, so far the ones whose legs tucked in have the fastest feather growth, so he could be on to something!

Back
Top Bottom