The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
He is partridge but not BLUE partridge. I have a hen named Mudd that looks a lot like his baby photo.
I breed all my Sizzles back to Silkies and have gone back and forth for years with different Silkies to my Sizzles so I am now putting 5th generation eggs in my bator. My goal is to make Lavender and Porcelain Sizzles since I have played with the other colors so much. However, that means starting with more blood so I have my Sizzle buff girls in with a Silkie Porcelain roo.

I have a red rose comb sizzle right now.......

Hi Sheri!!! I got my babies from you too!! I'm hoping to clean them up this weekend & have a photo shoot!!! One Sizzle splash passed from wry neck...I tried the selennium, polyvisol, vit. , probiotics... Poor baby :(
I'm hoping I can post some pics & you can tell me what I have!!?? They are from your Jan 4th (about) hatch!! I have a runt; dark blue smooth sizzle with a single comb & no wattles who just made these pathetic sounding crows yesterday & a dark blue frizzled sizzle (I think) that I swear started to cluck!! Is this too early? LOL!!! It's hilarious. I also have a light blue & a buff who I think are silkies, but rough? I have no idea!! Help!! :) They are so funny :)
You may remember- my daughter bought them for a homeschool project with her own money :)

I just got two of these today. My daughter said they look like they stuck their claws in the electrical socket. They are too cute.

I have cured every wry neck chick I have ever had here with straight Vit E squirted in it's beak from the capsule. Twice a day for 3 days and it is better. Silkies and their derivatives are susceptible to that. I try to always add extra E and no corn to my Silkie and Sizzle diets.

He is partridge but not BLUE partridge. I have a hen named Mudd that looks a lot like his baby photo.
I breed all my Sizzles back to Silkies and have gone back and forth for years with different Silkies to my Sizzles so I am now putting 5th generation eggs in my bator. My goal is to make Lavender and Porcelain Sizzles since I have played with the other colors so much. However, that means starting with more blood so I have my Sizzle buff girls in with a Silkie Porcelain roo.
I may be able to help you out with that project! I have been hatching some buff sizzles, and I have a nice porcelain silkie growing out. By the end of the summer I should be able to put them together. Maybe we can swap some of the chicks later on to get this thing going!

I don't ship chicks but I will ship eggs or older birds. :D

I had intended to start with Porcelains but the more I breed that color the less they turn out Porcelain. I may wind up going to pure lavenders since I have some nicely colored Silkies here. I am on my 3rd Porcelain rooster and I will know when his kids hatch out next week if I am going to continue with Porcelain.
I wasn't aware that a lot of breeders didn't know what they were breeding. How disappointing to pay good money for a bird only for it not to breed true. I could make my own but that will put me back a few more years and I have already spent 2 years trying to get this going. I love Lavender Silkies and may just have to go that route by getting a nice Lavender Silkie roo to go over my buff Sizzles.

I do adore my buff Sizzles but after years of breeding them I am bored with that color. I want to try something new and exciting! ;)

I don't ship chicks but I will ship eggs or older birds.
big_smile.png

I had intended to start with Porcelains but the more I breed that color the less they turn out Porcelain. I may wind up going to pure lavenders since I have some nicely colored Silkies here. I am on my 3rd Porcelain rooster and I will know when his kids hatch out next week if I am going to continue with Porcelain.
I wasn't aware that a lot of breeders didn't know what they were breeding. How disappointing to pay good money for a bird only for it not to breed true. I could make my own but that will put me back a few more years and I have already spent 2 years trying to get this going. I love Lavender Silkies and may just have to go that route by getting a nice Lavender Silkie roo to go over my buff Sizzles.

I do adore my buff Sizzles but after years of breeding them I am bored with that color. I want to try something new and exciting!
wink.png
I have a lavender one growing out as well that I could pair with my buffs. They most likely won't be laying until the fall, but definitely stay in touch with me! Maybe we can swap some adults next spring!

I have some young black sizzles, and probably some partridge as well. The partridge sizzles always look great with the patterns on the feathers. I'm going to try to get as many colors as I can. Maybe even try to mix one of my black sizzles with one of my paint silkies to get some paint sizzles. I'll post some pics in a few weeks once the chicks have feathered out a bit more.

This is my Mudd. I keep saying I am going to sell her as her coloring is not to my liking but she lays so well and gives me some really cute kids when paired with the right Silkie rooster.

I created her with some of my other birds from the past and she has just stayed. No one else seems to care for her either but I like her curl and top knot, just not her coloring.

This is a rooster I sold last year. I liked his coloring but his comb was not for me and I did not have much I could out cross his offspring with here so I sold him. I get really overwhelmed with so many beautiful birds and have to eventually let go.

Back
Top Bottom