The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
I have cured every wry neck chick I have ever had here with straight Vit E squirted in it's beak from the capsule. Twice a day for 3 days and it is better. Silkies and their derivatives are susceptible to that. I try to always add extra E and no corn to my Silkie and Sizzle diets.

I gave quite a bit of E, but I heard from Sheri, I believe, that selenium was the deficiency. Set me straight if I'm not correct, please, I never want to lose a bird to wry neck again. It was horrible
hit.gif
. This particular chick had a slight trauma with a hound slurping it into her mouth, but the chick never showed any sign of issues for 2 months, then all of a sudden- wry neck. I think it was caused by the dog thing. Good to know about the no corn thing!!! No scratch for them!!! My 3 year old loves to sprinkle all the kids with scratch :)

One of the girls I sold. I just got bored with plain dark colors. I like flashy and bright colors in my pet birds.

Love that Mille Fleur roo! How awesome would it be if we could get that color going in a sizzle
droolin.gif

This is a rooster I sold last year. I liked his coloring but his comb was not for me and I did not have much I could out cross his offspring with here so I sold him. I get really overwhelmed with so many beautiful birds and have to eventually let go.

I'm with you on that one. A birds has to be EXCEPTIONAL in every other way for me to keep them with a comb like that. The straight comb is a dominant gene that is so hard to breed out!
This is my Mudd. I keep saying I am going to sell her as her coloring is not to my liking but she lays so well and gives me some really cute kids when paired with the right Silkie rooster.

I created her with some of my other birds from the past and she has just stayed. No one else seems to care for her either but I like her curl and top knot, just not her coloring.
I like her coloring! I bet she would make some colorful babies if paired with a buff!

I have cured every wry neck chick I have ever had here with straight Vit E squirted in it's beak from the capsule. Twice a day for 3 days and it is better. Silkies and their derivatives are susceptible to that. I try to always add extra E and no corn to my Silkie and Sizzle diets.

I gave quite a bit of E, but I heard from Sheri, I believe, that selenium was the deficiency. Set me straight if I'm not correct, please, I never want to lose a bird to wry neck again. It was horrible :hit . This particular chick had a slight trauma with a hound slurping it into her mouth, but the chick never showed any sign of issues for 2 months, then all of a sudden- wry neck. I think it was caused by the dog thing. Good to know about the no corn thing!!! No scratch for them!!! My 3 year old loves to sprinkle all the kids with scratch :)

I have had some with Selenium deficiency but they did not have wry neck symptoms. I do add some to youngsters food now though when they show muscle weakness. In your birds case, it could have been just that. Some birds can't absorb certain nutrients, just like some people so not all things work for all birds.

You can make your own scratch minus the corn from whole grains. I give whole wheat, whole sorghum, black oil sunflower seed or sunflower hearts, rolled oats, rolled barley etc.

One of the girls I sold. I just got bored with plain dark colors. I like flashy and bright colors in my pet birds.
Love that Mille Fleur roo! How awesome would it be if we could get that color going in a sizzle
droolin.gif
This is a rooster I sold last year. I liked his coloring but his comb was not for me and I did not have much I could out cross his offspring with here so I sold him. I get really overwhelmed with so many beautiful birds and have to eventually let go.
I'm with you on that one. A birds has to be EXCEPTIONAL in every other way for me to keep them with a comb like that. The straight comb is a dominant gene that is so hard to breed out!
This is my Mudd. I keep saying I am going to sell her as her coloring is not to my liking but she lays so well and gives me some really cute kids when paired with the right Silkie rooster. I created her with some of my other birds from the past and she has just stayed. No one else seems to care for her either but I like her curl and top knot, just not her coloring.
I like her coloring! I bet she would make some colorful babies if paired with a buff!
I have Frizzle MF but I don't work with it in Sizzles. I created him myself and am getting awesome kids from him and his ladies.
Yes, I breed Mudd to a buff roo but he has blue in him.

I have had some with Selenium deficiency but they did not have wry neck symptoms. I do add some to youngsters food now though when they show muscle weakness. In your birds case, it could have been just that. Some birds can't absorb certain nutrients, just like some people so not all things work for all birds.

You can make your own scratch minus the corn from whole grains. I give whole wheat, whole sorghum, black oil sunflower seed or sunflower hearts, rolled oats, rolled barley etc.

Thanks for the info!! These are my first experience with chicks :) I used to live in Greenville, SC!! :)

Back
Top Bottom