The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
Moo, I've never had a partridge anything I have no idea how they feather out. As a chick he looked a bit like a black and white cat, or a calico cat. He was not a solid black peep. The breeder mentioned he might be mottled. Then as he grew he turned all black. Until recently. He has this bright copper all around his.neck and now in his top knot. I will have to research the partridge. I had intention to.work with partridge. I could order some eggs I suppose.

So I have a Smooth Calico Bantam Cochin Rooster and three smooth Bantam Cochin Hens. I am incubating a bunch of frizzle bantam cochin eggs right now and have located a silkie rooster. I was planning on keeping back several Frizzle Bantam Cochin Hens and then getting the silkie rooster but now I am very confused, is this a bad idea? I know that you don't want to breed frizzle to frizzle so I'm just trying to figure out how everyone can live happily ever after in this group.

Last edited:
So I have a Smooth Calico Bantam Cochin Rooster and three smooth Bantam Cochin Hens. I am incubating a bunch of frizzle bantam cochin eggs right now and have located a silkie rooster. I was planning on keeping back several Frizzle Bantam Cochin Hens and then getting the silkie rooster but now I am very confused, is this a bad idea? I know that you don't want to breed frizzle to frizzle so I'm just trying to figure out how everyone can live happily ever after in this group.
If you have a couple pens to separate them then it won't be a problem! Put all your frizzle boys with smooth girls, and your smooth girls with frizzle boys.

Put the silkie rooster in the same pen as your frizzle hens and smooth cochin roosters.

Moo, I've never had a partridge anything I have no idea how they feather out. As a chick he looked a bit like a black and white cat, or a calico cat. He was not a solid black peep. The breeder mentioned he might be mottled. Then as he grew he turned all black. Until recently. He has this bright copper all around his.neck and now in his top knot. I will have to research the partridge. I had intention to.work with partridge. I could order some eggs I suppose.

Again I'm not sure i it's a partridge , did it start of as a striped looking chick?

I am so confused. All the frizzles, silkies, sizzles....lol I went to our local co-op and purchased what I was told was a Frizzle and a Frizzie??? The frizzle looks like frizzle pic all over the web, however, the frizzie??? I cant find a single thing about them. I google and get did u mean frizzle? SO...can someone tell me what a frizzie is?

Frizzle is a breed of chicken nothing related to silkies you then breed drizzles to bantam Cochins and then to silkies to get sizzles

Back
Top Bottom