The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

Pics
If your goal is to get them laying again, I would just keep breaking her from being broody.
I usually didn't let my hens sit because I preferred to raise the chicks myself and keep the hens producing

My hen started laying and had great fertile eggs. She laid 8 total. I had to move her coop and she hasn't given me an egg in about 2 months.

Anything I can do to get her laying? She is in a barn style enclosure with one Roo she gets along with wonderfully. I have hatched out three beautiful babies from them.

I've been reading up on this breed and came across this thread. I was lucky to win 4 hatching eggs on instagram and will be starting the hatch in a couple of weeks along with some other breeds, probably isbar, orps and ameraucanas. I hope the eggs arrive safely and I have a good hatch. It's an interesting breed for sure and looks like they have a great personality. Just need to get working on expending the run and building a 2nd coop. :D

So how old do my chicks need to be before I can put them in a small red barn coop with their parents? They are getting out and pooping on my floor. But when I had mom and dad in with some other pullets, they were bullies.

So I am nervous about introducing them.

First chickie hatched!, three more pipped. Eggs from @KYTinpusher will post pics after they dry.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom