The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

Pics
I was thinking,

Boy
Girl
Girl

Third one is a little younger.

It's hard to tell with those pics and they are quite young, but none of them look like they have much of a comb. I'd guess they were all pullets. By 6 weeks, it's much easier to tell. The cockerels will have much bigger combs and then pullets combs are very small until they get to breeding age.

It's hard to tell with those pics and they are quite young, but none of them look like they have much of a comb. I'd guess they were all pullets. By 6 weeks, it's much easier to tell. The cockerels will have much bigger combs and then pullets combs are very small until they get to breeding age.
If my Roo is throwing girls, that's great! But I will need a Roo for them. At least after I know for sure. Is Greenfire my best bet or is there other good options?

It would be great! If you need a Roo, I have several nice ones. My stock came from Greenfire and EWE crazy and not to brag, but they are awesome
1f60a.png
When you know for sure what you've got and are ready, pm me if interested! I always have several quality "back up" roosters for my breeding program and would part with one.

I just got one Svart Hona egg from Pam when I bought a pair of Sulmtalers. Didn't want to risk getting 2 boys & figured could buy mate, later. It hatched so easy & is so vigorous /healthy I should have gotten more!

I just hatched more. They are easy to hatch and very Hardy.. My husband is working in pontchatula. Pam

If my Roo is throwing girls, that's great!  But I will need a Roo for them.  At least after I know for sure.  Is Greenfire my best bet or is there other good options?

I have the same line. Also keep a spare roo just in case. I have chicks the same age they are so cute. I'm happy to sell whatever sex you need. Green fire farms sells straight run. Sometimes they will see an older breed quality chicken but they aren't 99.00 like the chicks. Ewe crazy sells them too I don't know if they sell older birds you would need to contact them to find out. I will say I've had 100% fertility so I'm very happy with this line of gff's rooster over ewe crazy hens. Pam

It would be great! If you need a Roo, I have several nice ones. My stock came from Greenfire and EWE crazy and not to brag, but they are awesome
1f60a.png
When you know for sure what you've got and are ready, pm me if interested! I always have several quality "back up" roosters for my breeding program and would part with one.
That's awesome.

Crest or comb? If you have crest they may not be pure. Would you post a pic so we can see. Pam
I meant comb- multitasking with the kids demanding my attention and a puppy barking in my face! My birds are directly from GFF and Ewe and another breeder on here that bred from them both- I will post a pic

Back
Top Bottom