The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
See know you are the smart one. ;) :highfive:

Hold your parrots. I tried indoor free ranging him, because I felt his somewhat large cage wasn't enough. Put curtains over every window, took every precaution. This bird literally flew into a wall. I though we was a goner. Thankfully he was just shaken up

Hold your parrots. I tried indoor free ranging him, because I felt his somewhat large cage wasn't enough. Put curtains over every window, too every precautions. This bird literally flew into a wall. I though we was a goner. Thankfully he was just shaken up
Glad your little guy was ok! Yeah, even indoor flight is dangerous. I eventually started trimming the parrots wings just enough they could only glide to the floor. It's just too risky that they fly into walls, windows, doors, etc... I used to open the window so they could look outside through the screen, they loved that! 😍

Good (late) morning everyone! I might've candled, and let's just say I'm jumping with joy :wee !

Out of the four serama eggs I candled, ALL were developing! To be specific, the eggs of @Debbie292d , @GreenJay , @TwoCrows and @WoDia were candled. Your cheering efforts have been paying off peeps, so keep 'em coming! As far as the Tsouloufates go, I could not tell a thing. I pulled number 5 (unclaimed) because it had a huge crack that I can't understand how I missed. All the others (well, from the few I candled) didn't have any cracks, but there wasn't anything to see in general. Granted, there was a LOT of light creeping in, and the shells are a lot darker than the shells of the serama. The only egg I saw a teeny bit of vein was on @tlcmurphy 's Jelly Bean
:celebrate Yea Serama eggies, keep up the great work!! :celebrate

Good day eggies! Hope you are all singing up a storm in your shells!

Sing Love Song GIF by BabyTV

Glad your little guy was ok! Yeah, even indoor flight is dangerous. I eventually started trimming the parrots wings just enough they could only glide to the floor. It's just too risky that they fly into walls, windows, doors, etc... I used to open the window so they could look outside through the screen, they loved that! 😍

I figured he'd be able to tell that he can't fly through a solid structure. Figured wrong. His cage was situated right be a window, so he always got a view of the outdoors. He'd be chirping extra loud when he saw a bird outside

I figured he'd be able to tell that he can't fly through a solid structure. Figured wrong. His cage was situated right be a window, so he always got a view of the outdoors. He'd be chirping extra loud when he saw a bird outside
Poor little guy. :hugs Sometimes they get confused.

Back
Top Bottom