The violence in Juarez hit home today

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
This morning one of my students didn't come to school, his older brother came in and told us he won't be back until next week or April after out break. His uncle, his mother's brother was shot to death yesterday in Juarez by one of the drug cartels.

On the other side of my portable is my friend and fellow teacher, her son-in-laws cousin was also shot to death yesterday in Juarez, not far from the other death.

And on Good Morning America they were saying it's safe for tourists in Mexico. How stupid is that.............

Quote:
I'm just afraid the violence is going to move north. Those of us close to the border may need to get "evacuation" plans ready.

It's one of the reasons I want to leave. When I was a lot younger we walked back and forth across the border with no problem, that was the 70's and early 80s, now I won't even shop in downtown El Paso because it's just too close. I just don't want to be here anymore. With all of the Mexican politicians living in El Paso for their own safety, I wonder about ours as they come after them.

Last edited:
We are even having problems her where I am. They are catching them coming through our area and say they are armed to the hilt. It's insane. I live in the country and all the local law enforcement has warned us to keep at least one weapon loaded and accessible at all times. They say they will just come in our house and kill everyone just to have a place to stay, food, and our vehicles. Very scary right now. I know if I call 911 it will take them forever just to figure out where I am exactly. Sad but true. We are even carrying a rifle in our vehicles when we run around our properties. We used to not have to be this worried. I'm sorry to hear about how it is out there. Just to let you know, we feel your pain.

About 150 miles east of Ft. Stockton. Extremely rural country out here. That's one reason why they choose to pass through here.

Because we have a WONDERFUL Sheriff (and a depression like economy), Illegal Aliens have been heading back to Mexico in droves, but others are still coming.

The Mexican Mafia is very entrenched here in Phoenix, I have a good friend, spokesman for the Phoenix PD who says if they could simply move the drug runners and coyotes out of Phoenix, more than half of the violent crimes would cease here.

Almost all of the violence and drug crimes are related to either Mex. Mafia or coyotes.
There was some shooting along I-10 south of Phoenix just this morning with illegals scattering through the desert. Two drop houses were raided in the last two days as coyotes hold folks they bring across for the border for ransom. Rapes and abuse are common place.

And now the Justice Department is investigating Sheriff Arpaio for simply doing his job! That is just wrong and a complete waste of the taxpayers hard earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom