The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pinkchick, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Quote:Need a smiley wiping it's brow! didn't really.... was hoping... not to have 3 boys. I know what you mean about trying to do several things all at once [​IMG]

2. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:No it's more that people over here don't like shipping egg's, they're to scared the eggs will crack. Same as with young birds, let's just say that shipping live animals as in birds and chickens is not done. We don't have the hatchery's overhere for private use...

Just one question, how can you see at this age of the chicks which is a roo and which a hen?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My internet is finally fixed - so I'm back! [​IMG]

Kim, I have 9 wellie eggs (and 1 barnevelder egg) in lockdown! Keep your fingers crossed, these babies survived 3 power outages! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. lwarctic

lwarctic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2010
    Idaho-Boise area
    Okay everyone, it's time to show off my wonderful Wellies that I got from Kim and hatched out. Tell me what you guys think, but I believe I have 4-5 girls and/or 1-2 boys. All chicks are very strong and great looking.

Kim, is Odin the father of these little guys? I hatched over 50% on shipped eggs. Great job Kim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    AWWWWWWW such cute fuzz butts!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Could you post photographs of your eggs?

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    So adorable Les! I think I see 2 boys there, but Kim could tell you better than I can.

Mine are supposed to hatch Tuesday, but I expect they may be a tad late with surviving the power outages with our last snowstorm.

8. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Very cool. I saw my some of my little Wellies from Kim squirming around inside their eggs this morning day 9 going on 10. Waiting on 11 total due the 18th...
    These pictures make me even more psyched than I already am!

9. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    lwarctic, those chicks are beautiful! I hope I can get some this spring--maybe next month.

10. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:Thanks Les! Congratulations! Great job incubating and hatching Mr.! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes, Odin is their father. He and the few girls that are in with him are the only Wellies that I have now, except a few chicks but my friend is suppose to take 4- 1 mos. old pullets, so that would leave me with one chick (pullet [​IMG]). Sold all of the rest as layers. Maybe I'll incubate one more set for myself before I turn them loose. Unless I can talk my bestfriend into on having 3 of them, but she loves them and has some 2 year old hens I gave her as chicks and would like to get some fresh layers growing out. I know....I'll give her eggs to hatch out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW: I see 5 girls and 1 boy. [​IMG]

Thanks for the kind words Wellie Friends!!!!!!!

HappyChooks~ Good Luck with those eggs! I hope you have a great hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by