The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
No it's more that people over here don't like shipping egg's, they're to scared the eggs will crack. Same as with young birds, let's just say that shipping live animals as in birds and chickens is not done. We don't have the hatchery's overhere for private use...

Just one question, how can you see at this age of the chicks which is a roo and which a hen?

Last edited:
My internet is finally fixed - so I'm back!
ya.gif

Kim, I have 9 wellie eggs (and 1 barnevelder egg) in lockdown! Keep your fingers crossed, these babies survived 3 power outages!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Okay everyone, it's time to show off my wonderful Wellies that I got from Kim and hatched out. Tell me what you guys think, but I believe I have 4-5 girls and/or 1-2 boys. All chicks are very strong and great looking.

Kim, is Odin the father of these little guys? I hatched over 50% on shipped eggs. Great job Kim.

49466_wellies_016.jpg

49466_wellies_015.jpg

49466_wellies_010.jpg

49466_wellies_009.jpg

49466_wellies_008.jpg

49466_wellies_007.jpg

49466_wellies_006.jpg

So adorable Les! I think I see 2 boys there, but Kim could tell you better than I can.

Mine are supposed to hatch Tuesday, but I expect they may be a tad late with surviving the power outages with our last snowstorm.

Very cool. I saw my some of my little Wellies from Kim squirming around inside their eggs this morning day 9 going on 10. Waiting on 11 total due the 18th...
These pictures make me even more psyched than I already am!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks Les! Congratulations! Great job incubating and hatching Mr.!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Yes, Odin is their father. He and the few girls that are in with him are the only Wellies that I have now, except a few chicks but my friend is suppose to take 4- 1 mos. old pullets, so that would leave me with one chick (pullet
big_smile.png
). Sold all of the rest as layers. Maybe I'll incubate one more set for myself before I turn them loose. Unless I can talk my bestfriend into on having 3 of them, but she loves them and has some 2 year old hens I gave her as chicks and would like to get some fresh layers growing out. I know....I'll give her eggs to hatch out.
wink.png
lol.png

BTW: I see 5 girls and 1 boy.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the kind words Wellie Friends!!!!!!!

HappyChooks~ Good Luck with those eggs! I hope you have a great hatch.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom