The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
wee.gif
More Wellies!!!

Quote:
I've tried it many ways and I prefer using my hand. The flashlight is held lower down with my bottom three fingers. My index finger acts as a cushion and seal. That way I'm holding the egg securely with both hands and I can candle an egg in about one second each. Hand without flashlight picks up egg and presses it against other hand and then sets it down - picking up next egg in same motion. Takes me about 90 seconds to candle a 30 egg tray. I can see each egg clearly with any good LED flashlight.

Exactly my method!
thumbsup.gif

The only thing I do different to that I keep a jar of candle wax on a candle warmer throughout incubation. This helps seal any cracks that might occur if I get fumble fingers

Quote:
Exactly my method!
thumbsup.gif

The only thing I do different to that I keep a jar of candle wax on a candle warmer throughout incubation. This helps seal any cracks that might occur if I get fumble fingers

You really go for the distance, don't ya?
tongue.png

Quote:
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

I'm so glad!! I checked and every one of those teens are GREEN and it had be flummoxed!

Just got back from major college orientation with the tween and am truly OUT OF IT. So have to get back into the swing of things here. All did fine unsupervised for two point 5 days. Guess I set them up well with extra waterers and feed. Whew!

Time to wrap my head around bator eggs and figure out the lockdown date again (walk down to the board and check the calendar will happen in the morning).

Like the foam pipe candler. I just have the old fashioned bulb/battery flashlights.

Cheers!

Welcome Sniggle!

Congrats Opa......I hope you have a great hatch!
fl.gif

I'm totally excited this morning, I get to met Beesong today as she will be stopping by on her way through from California to Northern Washington and picking up her 10 Wellie chicks that I hatched out a little over a month ago for her. 2 cockerels and 8 girls.....finally she will have some Wellies!!!!!!!
ya.gif

Quote:
Photo of Wellie Chicks??????

Here is the only photo that I took of these chicks. There are some Olive Eggers and Marans and Barnevelders in there too, also a few chicks were still drying in the 'bator.
big_smile.png

I sent her home with 4 cockerels to choose from and I thought 10 girls, but maybe it was 9...can't remember, we'll have to wait for Beesong to correct me. It was a pleasure to meet her and her dogs. The dogs made themselves at home and went for a dip in the pond
smile.png
...Golden Retrievers, they are beautiful dogs and very well mannered and they had fun playing with my dogs. Sat on the front porch and visited with Beesong like she was an old friend that I hadn't seen in years....what a treat! Thank you Kate it was truly a pleasure meeting you!
hugs.gif

11170_imgp1545.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I would love to send them your way my friend.....but you would be very disappointed when you got an olive egg instead of a Marans egg.
wink.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom