The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I'd have to agree. I don't think you have welsummers - maybe a mix of some kind. Still, I'm sure they'll grow up to be pretty hens.
hu.gif

I agree.

Well, everything happens for a reason I guess. Maybe they'll lay cool colored eggs. I'm just bummed because I drove 100 miles to get these birds. There are no WCNA breeders in CO listed on their website. I really wanted a few Welsummers. I guess I'll try ordering hatching eggs from a breeder next year.

I got my Welsummer from a farmer in Delta, not sure if you are near there or if he'd have more, but I can provide contact info if you want. PM me.

They have to have yellow legs to be Welsummers. Green legs are usually EE's or maybe an Olive Egger as suggested earlier.
Looks like you'll have a pretty assortment regardless. Sorry you didn't get what you drove/paid for. I know how disappointing that can be.
barnie.gif

I bought 3 "Welsummer" pullets from somebody. Can anybody tell me for sure if the other two birds on the right are Welsummers?

I was wondering what everyone thought about this rooster? He is supposed to be a Welsummer but I am not sure. I thought Welsummer roos had more red on their backs. Is he an acceptable roo for the breed? He is about 15 weeks old. Thanks for looking!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom