The Welsummer Thread!!!!

had two pullets hatch last night, so the higher temp may be helping, or just more time with the roo?? either way, I now have a trio from the dark eggs. Still hatching as many as I can too.

I agree, I would be dangerous with a cabinet

had two pullets hatch last night, so the higher temp may be helping, or just more time with the roo?? either way, I now have a trio from the dark eggs. Still hatching as many as I can too.

I agree, I would be dangerous with a cabinet
And a chick shed

And shipping boxes for chicks and adults......

Need more?????????

MWAHAHAHAHA!

And a chick shed

And shipping boxes for chicks and adults......

Need more?????????

MWAHAHAHAHA!
right, cause 5 coops and 3 tractors and a group of free rangers that camp out in the storage shed and dog houses aren't enough - I'll certainly be out of space if I get a cabinet incubator - you do recall I live in the suburbs!!!

Someone wrote the females of the Dutch and German birds have terrible leg color in both countries. Mostly the females which is the way it usually is in yellow legged breeds.

The following pictures are exhibition birds from the Netherlands and Germany. Take a good look at their leg colour.

Welsummers as with most chickens will start to lay at between 18 and 22 weeks old, so that's about 5 months

Where did you read or hear that? Curious because I know there are some of the egg laying breeds that will lay before the 20th week but everything I've read shows most of the Dual Purpose breeds start laying around the 24th week. None of my breeds have ever started to lay before the 23rd week. Also, most of what I've read on Chick Starter feed say to start adding 25% Layer Pellet in at the 20th week and continue adding 25% each week until 100% at the 24th week.

God Bless,

Marcel, those are terrific looking birds! Not only leg color but especially Type.

WRT to the Wellie with the one yellow and one gray leg, what causes that? I've seen Wellies with pea to dime sized gray spots in their legs. Figure it's genetic but would like to verify that.

God Bless,

**Edited by Staff**

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcel - I noticed that some of those had very orange legs and some of them had bright yellow legs. Which is the preferred leg color in your area the orange or the bright yellow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom