The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:

Wow, I'm honored.

Jessica......My eggs are fertile, and I can't hatch right now (out of space until the new coop is built), so we're eating them. (gasp) I've never shipped eggs before, but if you want to be a tester for shipping, I'd be happy to send you some for the cost of shipping. I have 2 girls and they are 8 months old, so they're pullet eggs.

I can't wait until the coop is done, so I can hatch some more wellies out and see what Moose makes!

I had heard that Whitmore has good Welsummers. I hope so, because I have 16 of his eggs in my incubators right now, and I'm sooo excited!
celebrate.gif

Quote:

I in no way meant any disrespect. I just meant I didn't want to roder from places like Ideal, McMurry or cackle, too many horror stories of late... "hatcheries" on here are different to me, I trust my fellow BYCers!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
No offense taken.
smile.png
That is why I market my business as a high quality hatchery, I know most hatcheries sell low quality birds to make their volume. I'm aiming at the market that some places that refer to themselves as farms or commercial breeders are targeting. Warning to all, some of the larger "farms" are just relabeled, big time hatcheries. I purchased some breeding stock from one (three different breeds) and I had to cull every bird because they just weren't that close to the SOP.

Yesterday's egg was speckled from #12.....I'm so happy! Bring on the speckles!
big_smile.png

First egg on left, second egg right. It's hard to make out the true color of the egg but it is a lovely color and quite a bit darker than yesterdays.
11170_imgp6965.jpg

Quote:
How can you not be breeding those hens!?!?! They need a nice boy fertilizing their eggs. I'd have one for you if you weren't so far away. I've been known to blow a couple of hundred bucks to bring in a really nice roo but unless you were serious about selling chicks or eggs it probably isn't worth it.

LOL! I live in the city limits so roos are out. Neighbors got their windows open during the late spring to early fall so why rock the boat LOL! I've managed to get a good incubator full of eggs and then some later on to sell and then the roo will have a good home out in the country with friends.

I've got so many boys from different sources to choose from.....yours too LOL! The only problem is this, some can not ship.

Well, it looks like I am going to have about 6 or 7 Wellie roos to find a home for. I have 9 or 10 roos and 8 pullets. Anyone in my area need a rooster? they are about 2 months old now, and I will start culling out in about 2-3 weeks and keep the best 4 til later on. If I can ever figure out how to do the pics with my phone, I will post some.

Back
Top Bottom