The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
Hi Kelly!

Still holding out lots and lots and lots of major hope for those eggs!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Take care my friend....it will be one long week waiting to hear from you!
smile.png

(slightly off topic..... we have our first 2 Barnevelder babies.
ya.gif
ya.gif
)

Quote:
i messed up my internet order and they fixed it
when i talked to them they were very very nice
if i every order from a hatchery again it will be from them
or if any one asks

Yes they were very very nice folks and they even sent me an email when I asked about their origin of their Welsummers to make sure the story was legit.

Quote:
Congratulations!

They are not any different than the LF except they CAN and WILL fly up on the rafters LOL! They are quicker than their larger cousins.

Where did you get your bantams from? I see that you are from Austria as in Europe?

Quote:
Congratulations!

They are not any different than the LF except they CAN and WILL fly up on the rafters LOL! They are quicker than their larger cousins.

Where did you get your bantams from? I see that you are from Austria as in Europe?

Yep Austria, central Europe. I'm getting them from a group of hobby breeders. I'm also getting, some Bielefelder-Kennhühner, they're a German breed. Excellent for meat and eggs.
http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=e...zFoyo8QPdyaWWBQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=610

No worries about the flying, my standard sized chickens are also good flyers. The Welsummers will be in a smaller coop than my other birds, but will have a large run.

Beautiful birds of crele color! Neat!

I don't know any German Breeders except maybe Verheyden, who had imported them to Canada and then to US. I am familiar with Marcel Eissel in UK and Michael in the UK Welsummer website. They are good folks.

I only have two German bantams and two Dutch bantams.

Quote:
Crele colour? is that also known as duckwing? I only got into chickens after moving to Austria (I'm from the UK) so all the books I've read on poultry are German.

Quote:
Hi Kelly!

Still holding out lots and lots and lots of major hope for those eggs!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Take care my friend....it will be one long week waiting to hear from you!
smile.png

(slightly off topic..... we have our first 2 Barnevelder babies.
ya.gif
ya.gif
)

Hey Kim!

I candled this morning and 6 wellies and 1 barnevelder are still going strong! I still have 4 "iffy" ones in there, I wasn't confident enough to pull them out. (they are the wellies)

My fingers are crossed for a decent hatch. We don't usually lose power as we are on the main line, so it was a very odd occurence for us.

Back
Top Bottom