The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Yes- I knew there was somebody on here that had them! Maybe he'll have a pair
fl.gif

Thanks Robin!

Quote:
Yes it is possible. Get yourself a bantam roo and see what she will produce. Keep the smallest offsprings and darkest eggs from that group. Sometimes throwbacks do occur that you might end up having chicks that are LF and some are BF. If you want to go for the bantam project, you would need to keep the smallest and darkest eggs.

Awesome! Geez- where am I going to find a tiny roo? Not that I need another project right now. I already know that somebody is planning on stealing all of my egg sales business next year, so I had to start a new project to stay one step ahead.
Banties don't take up much space or feed though, so maybe....
big_smile.png

I'm getting Bantam Welsummer eggs... they are supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm not NPIP, and I don't know the rules of selling birds, but I'm in North Alabama (almost on the state line,) so if you are close you could come get half my eggs. I kind of bought them on a whim and there are supposd to be 16 of them. I really don't need them and would be happy to share. I paid $19, and you can have half (8 if they all make it uncracked) for half of that. They are being sent from Gamebirdsonly, and I don't know anything about quality. PM me if you are interested.

Gamesbirdsonly and I have both the same quality of Welsummer bantams so you should get some good ones to outcross that possible bantam/LF girl of yours.

Kim, Robin...anyone else...
Could you please check out this photo. I just want to make sure these few dark spots at the top of this cockerels
legs are indeed feather stubs. I had this boy sold with a pullet, but canceled when I noticed them.
Just want to make sure before I send him to freezer camp
hmm.png

40145_dsc03123.jpg

Quote:

You have me curious now! Can't wait to find out what your up to!

Well I got my first chicks off my F5 Welsummer project and looking better then I could of imagined! I'm replying from phone so you have to excuse my grammer. I havnt been on in a while to respond to quotes and post. But looking very good so far. Jusst gotta wait and see how the shank color turns out. Ill definatley be poosting pics when I'm done.

Quote:
I can't tell if those are feather stubs ro not, but they are so high up I don't know if they'd even be something to worry about.

I agree with Happy.....I don't see anything to worry about, but hopefully the greats will come by and see it and give you their opinion. Worry when you see feather stubs going down the outside of the shank and if you have stubs in between the toes.
smile.png

Quote:
I think maybe you should be going for that drive Happy! To cool! Talk about score! Chickhick your are the bomb! How very nice of you to share your precious eggs. I think that you deserve a great big BYC
hugs.gif

Chicken folks are AWESOME PEEPS!!!!

If you feel the fuzz off from them, they are feather stubs. They supposed to be CLEAN legged. How old is this cockeral? I agree with Pinkchick, worry about when it does goes down on the shank and between the toes....to freezer camp he goes!

If it was me and he is the BEST roo, I would wait and see if it grows out more if he is a very young roo which I think he is from the way his legs looks. If you get more fuzz, you will know.

Back
Top Bottom