The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Probably looking like blonde Welsummers?
lol.png

If no one has any, if you want to experiment, go for it!

Quote:
Hi Jim!
Pretty girls!

Your roo probably has wry tail and it will not correct itself and it will pass on to offspring if he is used for breeding. Aside from the tail, I really like his comb and his nice bright colors.

Quote:
lol
smile.png
that would be cool
smile.png
Think I will give it that old college try lol
smile.png
I'm just waiting tell my Welsummer Rooster is a little bit bigger before I put him in the pen with those big blonde ladies

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

Quote:
Hi Jim!
Pretty girls!

Your roo probably has wry tail and it will not correct itself and it will pass on to offspring if he is used for breeding. Aside from the tail, I really like his comb and his nice bright colors.

Thanks

Quote:
Hi Jim!
Pretty girls!

I was watching him tonight and he holds his tail straight unless he is relaxed. His left side is the side with longer feathers. With wry tail, can a chicken hold its tail straight?

Does his tail ever straighten out? Sometimes chickens can hold their tail to the side for balance, but if it never straightens out, then I agree that he has wry tail. It is a genetic defect and can be passed to offspring, so you wouldn't want to breed from him if that's the issue.

Quote:
When he is relaxed his tail goes to the left but that is the side with longer feathers. He does hold it straight too.

Birds with Wry tail can hold it straight, but it does not stay that way, they will tend to let it drop back over to the side.

I had a male that had Wry tail and he would hold it straight sometimes when he was out playing or walking around or chasing a girl, but it did not stay straight the whole time. If he stopped and stood still it went back to the left....when he perched it went to the left, when he relaxed out in the sun laying down like he was nesting in a box, it went to the left. Took me 6 months of watching him to come to a final conclusion that it was Wry tail because I thought that they would always be off to one side or the other and that they couldn't straighten them out. I posted lots of photos of him at ease or at play and a group of my peers helped confirmed my suspicions.

Back
Top Bottom