The Who, What, Where Poll!

1. My whole lot is .26 acres, so the backyard must be about .18 ish. That's big for this area.
2. 7
3. Suburbs
4. Coop = 3X5. Run = 12X5. Isn't that small for BYC peeps?

1. What size of back yard do you have?
40 acres
2. How many chicken do you have?
40 chickens, 12 ducks, 6 geese
3. What area do you live in? Rural, country, mountains, suburbs, city, etc...
Rural, high desert
4.What size coop do you have? With run or without? (small, medium, large)
12 x 12 coop, 25 x 15 lean to, 35 x 75 run, but mostly free range

Current:
1. 9 acres, chickens have access to about 1 acre usless they are feeling particularly adventurous
2. 12 hens
3. Country
4. Coop 4x8 (too small) but completely enclosed run of 12x24 (out in it every day) plus fenced grassy run (24x48 - in it most days) and one acre of yard (free-ranging on weekends with supervision by me and the dogs - they protect their hens!)

Moving soon to:
1. 32 acres surrounding coop
2. 12 hens but chicken math will inevitably create more - my husband has already succumbed to horse math and our herd has already expanded to the new property
3. Way out in the hills
4. Coop will be 12x12 stall in horse barn with attached, roofed 11x36 run and eventually some free-range space once I get the electric poultry netting - plus there are a number of other outbuildings that have yet to be claimed by hubby
smile.png

1. What size of back yard do you have? Large city lot 50x118 with house & outbuildings
2. How many chicken do you have? 6 girls
3. What area do you live in? Rural, country, mountains, suburbs, city, etc... City
4.What size coop do you have? With run or without? (small, medium, large) Small for now, we will be upgrading to medium this summer. I was only expecting to have 3 chickens, we ended up with 6...darn chicken math anyway
D.gif

Renting a 4 bed/ 2bath house on 1/2 acre (+/-) so back yard is about 1/8 acre total with many 40 pines and back yard is partially privacy fenced with large azalea bushes around the perimeter.

8 chickens total...12 weeks old this coming Sunday...all hens (I hope)...all banty...4 Easter Eggers, 2 Welsummers, 2 Silkies.

Live deep inside the city limits (considered downtown to most folks who live further out) City ordances restrict me to no roosters (good thing)and 10 sq. foot per chicken living space (bad thing) Probably not quite legal with the city as far as the set back off the property line but the neighbor on that side owns her house and wants to babysit the chickens when (and if) we go on vacation.

Coop (self built with scrap lumber mostly) is 7 x 7 ft and is 7 ft. at peak of the roof. Coop is 18 inches off the ground. Their attached run is 8 x 7 ft. with a roof over the entire run. There is an additional 7 x 5 ft shed roof on the coop off the front that gives coverage over both the coop's people door (dutch door style) and the back doors to each of the 5 nest boxes. We are in hurricane country so it really rains here when it rains!

1) allotment and i dont know how big it is.

2) 18 chickens 8 LF and ten bantam and two ducks.

3) a village

4) a medium run 10m x 10m split up into layers and breeding pens

Quote:
not quite at twenty not counting the 4 quail and two ducks at home but i will be breeding trios for hatching eggs too sell and maybe some chicks when my silkies and pekins go broody, also i will be over 20 when i get my two more breeding trios of wyandottes.

Last edited:
1. What size of back yard do you have? Just under an acre
2. How many chicken do you have? 10 adult hens various breeds, 1 adult roo and 21 newly hatched chicks about a week old
3. What area do you live in? Rural, country, mountains, suburbs, city, etc... suburbs
4.What size coop do you have? With run or without? (small, medium, large) Medium walk in 8x8, and another one to be built, very very soon!!

I live in the country
around 2 acres
23 chickens(10 roo's and 13 hens) with 6 eggs under a broody
20x10 coop
no run they free range
I have chickens for eggs and for the fun of raising chickens and I have so many due to chicken math
love.gif
and will be getting more this spring.

Almost 2 acres here.
Have 10 buff orpingtons and 4 serama's and 2 DUcles. I will be hatching some Silkies next year after I buy some eggs to go into my new incubator.
We live in a kinda rural area outside of the city.
We have an 8x12 coop/shed with no run since they all free range.

Last edited:
1. What size of back yard do you have? We have 5 acres!
2. How many chicken do you have? Less then 20 (I think)
3. What area do you live in? Out in the sticks!!! Very country
4.What size coop do you have? With run or without? We have about a 10 by 8 dog kennel and we have two of them. But we have about 4 or 5 chickens in each one. Then we have hutchs for our other chickens to go in, our bantams have the hutchs.

Back
Top Bottom