The Wyandotte Thread

Hi Everyone! I haven't been around on BYC for awhile but I'm glad to see the Wyandotte Thread is as strong as ever!

I have been working on Golden Laced for a while but I have decided to focus on Partridge and Silver Pencilled. That means I've still got a few nice GL (3 Pullets, 1 cockerel, 1 Adult Pair) and a few SL to go with (4 SL hens). Some of you may remember my post from last fall with some rather immature pics. Well, you'll be glad you waited because they only got better :) Lots better...

The whole lot has to go, so someone help me out and make a visit to Indiana :) Swap meet season is coming up soon :)

Here are a few pics:

Old Male

Pullet

Old Females

2 year old female

Cockerel
Are the Silver Penciled you are working on Large Fowl? They are hard to find, so just curious and would love to see photos if they are large fowl!

I was over the MOON today! I candled and EVERY SINGLE EGG I SET IS FERTILE! 9 more SLW egg developing
woot.gif

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Just for the record that is 19 eggs
woot.gif

I used on of my Cockerels. I have 2 that are very nice and the Cock but He never gave me any chicks..... not in MONTHS. I think my other roos would be just a fertile. I may give him another try in a few weeks with a couple of pullets. I kinda think they are wanting to go broody.
hit.gif
BUT if I can get these to hatch that will be a HUGE help. Of the few chicks I have gotten maybe 6-7, I only have 2 pullets
he.gif

Good luck Vicki! I saw those eggs NICE! I hope you have a good hatch and make lots of progress this year.

Back
Top Bottom