The Wyandotte Thread

Hi, I have a hatching egg from a Buff Laced Wyandotte Roo and a Blue Laced Wyandotte hen, i as told it'll hatch one or the other, I don't really mind, but could anyone give me anything more specific or any pictures of this colour combo bred together? Thanks.

In June we inherited six hens from a friend who was moving back to Sweden. We have four distinct breeds and are trying to identify them as well as determine who's laying what how often. The easiest to identify were the two Buff Orpingtons.

Posting a picture of Busy (named for the fact she's always got her nose in everybody's business, especially when they are trying to lay their eggs). I'm pretty sure, based on combing through the Breeds section and photos posted on this thread, that Busy is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. Would appreciate an expert opinion.

In June we inherited six hens from a friend who was moving back to Sweden. We have four distinct breeds and are trying to identify them as well as determine who's laying what how often. The easiest to identify were the two Buff Orpingtons. Posting a picture of Busy (named for the fact she's always got her nose in everybody's business, especially when they are trying to lay their eggs). I'm pretty sure, based on combing through the Breeds section and photos posted on this thread, that Busy is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. Would appreciate an expert opinion.
Yes she is a silver laced Wyandotte . She lacks crisp lacing but is still a pretty bird. That temperament is also classic SLW.

Yes she is a silver laced Wyandotte . She lacks crisp lacing but is still a pretty bird. That temperament is also classic SLW.
Thank you. She's also the most skittish of the flock, so perhaps that's a character trait as well. I'll read up on the breed to see what else I can glean, particularly egg color, size and productivity. Appreciate it.

Thank you for your advice! Sadly, she died the next day. I think she was already past any help. I've been really busy with the other ones. They are 3 weeks old on Monday, and growing like weeds! They are going outside in a pen now, and coming in to sleep. I am putting ACV in their water now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Another question, one of the Silver Laced Wyandottes is a rooster. When will I be able to tell which one he is? I already have a suspect, but I could be mistaken!
smile.png

~Hope

Thank you. She's also the most skittish of the flock, so perhaps that's a character trait as well. I'll read up on the breed to see what else I can glean, particularly egg color, size and productivity. Appreciate it.

The eggs are usually a pinkish colour.

I have one hen with incomplete lacing ( first pic ) my other hens have good lacing. The Wyandotte egg is 3rd from the left in each pic. :)
The Wyandotte SOP may help with your research .

http://www.wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/wyandottestandard.htm

Last edited:
Wyandottes!

My Golden Laced Wyandotte Hen and my Splash BLRW roo. Not sure if the splash roo is pure bred or not, but i'm pleased with the golden laced wyandotte because she came from a hatchery!

Back
Top Bottom