The Wyandotte Thread

I "think" this is a Blue Wyndotte. She is supposedly 24 weeks old. No sign of a comb really. Are these late layers???

IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG

My 17 week old Blue Wyandotte pullet has black on her pink comb. Is this normal? She is a hatchery stock from Pritchett. Is it a sign of cardiovascular issues because I lost a BSL hen at age 15 months and she had similar coloring in her comb months before she died. Also Pritchett Hatchery stock.
Mine looks exactly like that now. She is 24 weeks and still not much red on her comb. :(

I have a bantam blue Wyandotte, but I can't remember how slow she was to pink up.

I do remember that she was slow, but not HOW slow.

I also can't remember how much black she had in her comb before it pinked....I am sorry that I am no help....I will search through my photo albums.

Mine is such a sweetheart. Do both of you like your girls?

I like mine, but she's awfully flighty.
She doesn't want to be picked up or held and she runs around chasing bugs more than the others. I had a heck of a time getting clear photos! But I think she'll be a beauty. She's very fat and fluffy.

I have silver laced and columbian wyandottes, just got some lavender chicks but too young to say how friendly they will be. My Silvers are probably my friendliest chickens next to my buff orphington and my white giant. My favorite hen penny was a silver laced and she followed me everywhere and I didn't raise her, got her at POL and she was always the friendliest and most curious as well. Couldn't tell you how many times I've stepped on her because she was always right between my feet! Sadly we lost her to a coon a couple months ago. Both my Columbian and my silvers are good layers. I get 4-5 eggs a week from each of them.

Back
Top Bottom