There's something wrong with my duck's legs

Personally, I buy the syringes with the needles. I stab it into the top of the vitamin B bottle and draw it out as if I was going to give a shot. Instead, I squirt it over dry mealworms and hand feed them to my duck. I squirt a little more than recommended to account for loss. The dry mealworms suck up the liquid really well.

Get small 1ml syringes without the needle (like THESE). Draw the liquid B complex into the syringe. Kneel down and hold the duck on your knee with your non-dominant arm. Open its beak and keep it open with your non-dominant hand. With your dominant hand grab the full syringe and stick it down into the LEFT side of the throat and administer the liquid vitamin B. It gets easier the more you do it.
It would be better to try to give it over a small amount of mealworms since it's so young. This is the info on doing it like @StinkyAcres is suggesting.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Get small 1ml syringes without the needle (like THESE). Draw the liquid B complex into the syringe. Kneel down and hold the duck on your knee with your non-dominant arm. Open its beak and keep it open with your non-dominant hand. With your dominant hand grab the full syringe and stick it down into the LEFT side of the throat and administer the liquid vitamin B. It gets easier the more you do it.
Thank you. Should I keep doing this as they grow or just for now?

Back
Top Bottom