These ads are driving me insane

I get ads that have nothing to do with anything I'm I'm intrested in like I got one of a play (blood brothers) and I get them about alow wifi when my wifi is not slow nor have I ever looked into why wifi is slow
Or I'm just really stupid and confused how ads work
If that is from inside the app on your phone I have no idea where those ads come from cause I get some strange ones too

Thanks for all the great discussion and feedback!

BYC is a huge free resource we provide for millions of people. Running this site for free is NOT cheap or easy. We pay a LOT of money each month for web servers, contractors, and a plethora of services to keep the site available for millions of people.

I'm not a fan of Ad Blockers. IMO, they are almost a form of stealing. Imagine going into a neighborhood store and taking something off the shelf and walking out with it. It costs the store owner money to have that item. We pay a lot of money to keep BYC alive. If you want to take advantage of our free service, you should either allow ads or pay for a Premium Feather Membership to have ads removed.

the ads I am being presented on this site are either offensive, highly disruptive or both.
We are VERY strict on the ads we allow. We work with a lot of ad networks, and all of them have a few advertisers that try to sneak ads through the filters, or accidentally mislabel their ads. In either case, please report the ad (a PM/conversion to me with a screenshot is best) and we'll do all we can to remove it.

The ads I'm getting are either freezing my page or pushing everything around every second
As I write this, the text box has shifted, and a new ad loads or reloads about every 30 seconds.
This is something we are aware of and working to get resolved. Basically we'll "reserve" the ad space so there won't be jumpiness when different ad sizes are loaded.

Also, from viewing this site as a guest for 2 weeks(...), I have come to the opinion that it is so much worse as a guest.
Yes, guests see more ads than logged-in members. I've reviewed about 20 large websites on the internet and have found the # and implementation of ads on BYC is at par or even better than most other big sites.

Again, we're grateful for the feedback and discussion. We try to find the perfect balance between a great user experience while also making sure BYC is a sustainable website that can continue to provide FREE services to millions of people and their wonderful flocks.

We are VERY strict on the ads we allow. We work with a lot of ad networks, and all of them have a few advertisers that try to sneak ads through the filters, or accidentally mislabel their ads. In either case, please report the ad (a PM/conversion to me with a screenshot is best) and we'll do all we can to remove it.
But I've seen a lot of adds with very inappropriate content.
(I'm not talking about this this innapropiate, just to have this changed.) I've seen people on adds in very little clothing, and possibly doing inappropriate things....
I don't get stuff like this anywhere else on my phone except BYC.

I don't understand. This is suppose to be a family friendly website.

But I've seen a lot of adds with very inappropriate content.
We have all questionable categories of ads blocked, but sometimes they slip through the filters. Please screenshot any ad you feel is inappropriate and send it to me in a private conversation message and we'll get it removed.

Back
Top Bottom