... THEY'RE HERE!!!! Day 45!!!

The polish is in photo 7 It is great someone else has gotten chickens!!!
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

I dooooo like that first pic of the crate. I spent a lot of years with the Postal Service, and (if nobody's noticed) I get a little testy when folks suggest that chick are handled like ordinary mail. Those flags (the paper on the sides of the crate) are common. And a lot of folks take the extra time to try to get the little darlin's home, safe and sound.

Glad yours arrived in good shape.

Now . . . get crackin' on that coop. My time is not all that limited, but I'm one to sit at ponder at various junctures during construction, and found myself a week behind schedule.

Get the coop up.
wink.png

Awww!!!!!

be warned, they grow RIDICULOUSLY fast! those tiny fluffy chicks will be feathered and outgrowing their brooder in no time flat, our 12 outgrew a 1.5' by 3' plastic tub in 2 weeks, then a child's 3' by 4' playhouse in another 2 weeks. Their 4' by 6' tractor with 4' by 8' run made it to 14 weeks, then we added a 10' by 6' chain link dog kennel onto the run. The coop has broke ground, but has a long ways to go, and we need to hurry as they are 16 weeks old.

just out of curiosity... (and because I'm about to take the plunge into chickens myself), can you PM me where you got them?

They look healthy and are sooooo cute!

Back
Top Bottom