Pics
It's my fault then. I feel horrible. Her last egg was broken in her and she laid a flat shell. Then all this. Right now she's playing with her sisters and eating and drinking. I probably only have so long with her until she dies from it.
I agree with Kathy, try the Baytril and see if that makes a difference.

This is not your fault:hugs

Update: Nugget is back in the coop since the puppy is back home. The amoxicillin worked wonders! There's no more yellow "poop". Just watery diarrhea from the medicine. She's eating alot now that she's with her sisters. She's so back to her sassy self, it takes forever to get the mox down her throat. The fish mox and probios arrives tomorrow and I'll continue the twice a day for 10 days.
I would like to thank you all for saving my baby girl. It's nice to have her back and getting pounced on the second I enter the coop.

:ya:thumbsup

I agree with Kathy, try the Baytril and see if that makes a difference.

This is not your fault:hugs
It usually means the coop is dirty. Ive been keeping up with it alot. Her aunt or mom died and then the yellow came out. She was completely fine until that morning. My fault for adding new chickens. My 1 yrs olds stopped laying but they are molting. And my one stopped laying last winter. I'm hoping the amoxicillin is working clearing it up because it's been just water diarrhea. Cant wait for the baytril.

It usually means the coop is dirty. Ive been keeping up with it alot. Her aunt or mom died and then the yellow came out. She was completely fine until that morning. My fault for adding new chickens. My 1 yrs olds stopped laying but they are molting. And my one stopped laying last winter. I'm hoping the amoxicillin is working clearing it up because it's been just water diarrhea. Cant wait for the baytril.
Salpingitis is caused by a number of things. It is an infection of the oviduct.
Here's a couple of good write-ups to read, these will give you the basics:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/causes-of-lash-eggs-salpingitis-by/
https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/

Perfect! The directions it comes with say to mix it in the water, but Baytril is quite bitter and most birds won't drink the medicated water, so I strongly suggest that you give it orally instead.
Thanks! I was hoping I could do that so she can stay with her boys and sisters. Shes been way more alert and eating there than being at my house.

The fish mox just arrived. Still waiting on the baytril. Should I put the whole 250mg pill down her throat or open it up and sprinkle it in bread?

Back
Top Bottom