Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Just said this one today..."My mamma duck just had chicks!"--after discovering 3 brand-new baby chicks in my broody duck's nest....still waiting on the ducklings.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
When we first got chickens my kids were hilarious. If anyone would ask my youngest about them she would always say "My chickens poop eggs." The first time a hen laid an egg it was "mommy you gotta throw that away. It's brown, it must not be rip yet."
Can't forget "honey, George is at the road again waiting for the kids to get off the bus."
"I can't leave yet. The chicken won't get off the car." Only my oldest would touch that chicken. She was sooo mean. Lol probably because her name was George.

~whispered to my hubby in bed "Shhh, don't move or make any noise, I don't want to wake the chicks" - a brooder in the bedroom sure kills the romance!

~to young son "Sweetie, do you have a teddy bear you could part with, the chicks need it". Son: "What if they poop on it?" Me: "Oh honey, you can't have it back!"

~"I gotta check your booty"

Me too! I'm a "new" chicken Mom and I'm getting such a kick out of these (14) bantams; 3 weeks old.
I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to my Polish Chick & Rhode Island Red sitting on my head - they had jumped out of the box they were in - I was cracking up.
When my neighbors came in earlier, they could not believe I had 6 chicks playing on the living room floor (I had an old sheet down for them)

only ones I can think of to add is... ~me to mom= "Mom, the chicks peed on me again"
Mom to me= "Well I told you to put your chicken apron on so they wouldn't do that."

"hold on, I need to change my clothes the chicks pooped on me again"

"quick, my sister's not here (said to a lady I bought some chicks from at ChickenStock last weekend) put another one in the carrier so she's not lonely"

Mom I got you a frizzle for Mother's Day

aww look at them try to fly

Dad they knocked over the feeder again
Dad did you put the egg boost in the big girls waterer? (I have a couple hens that are having trouble with their calcium intake)

Shutup Cogburn or I will turn you into stew

Scarlett you have been a bad girl, you are going in solitary for a couple days (she is a mean sexlink).

Now you guys be good little fuzzybutts and eat your chick starter and drink your electrolytes.

There are alot more but they have already been said on this thread.

"No, you can not breast feed!"
"Stop kissing on the chicks!" (To my daughter.)
my granddaughter kisses the eggs. she's 3, I was wondering where she was, it was too quiet... and she was practically sitting in the fridge with the egg basket.
My husband and kids: Happy birthday, Mommy! We got you some new chickens! (And I LOVE that they got me chickens for my birthday.)
Me: Has anyone seen my chicken pants?
that's so nice! I deliver chicks for the USPS (well... I deliver everything that comes thru... but I do love the chicks...) I've delivered birthday present chicks, very very exciting! whenever this was... Happy Birthday! we all know you won't be returning that gift!!
Everything I see can be a coop or be used to make a coop
highfive.gif
me too!!!

Back
Top Bottom